Need advice on Finpecia and Tugain 5% Foam

Rockstar

Hi Guys,

Had my HT 15 days back and have just bought Finpecia and Tugain Foam(5%).

I need some advice regarding the timing of usage.

Is there any specific time during the day when these need to be used to gain maximum effect etc..

Also i would like to know whether i need to continue using these meds forever??

Please help me by responding.. Thanks in advance.

First HT with Dr. Radha Rani on 04/26/2012

Single - 514

Doubles - 2130

Triples- 230

Total Grafts = 2874

Total Hair = 5464

Rockstar,

You can take finasteride any time of day that suits you. Just be consistent. As for minoxidil, it's typically applied once in the morning and once in the evening.

You will need to continue use of the drugs for as long as you wish to maintain their benefits. Quitting will result in catch-up hair loss, meaning that your hair will quickly return tot he state of balding you would have had if you had never used the drugs at all.

Best of luck!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Thanks David..

I would like to know if i can apply tugain foam once in the early morning and again in the afternoon.

That is bcoz i work in night shifts. So those are the tidings that would be feasible for me.

Also pls let me know how much time should i allow the foam to soak in before washing it off.

First HT with Dr. Radha Rani on 04/26/2012

Single - 514

Doubles - 2130

Triples- 230

Total Grafts = 2874

Total Hair = 5464

Ideally you'll want to spread out the applications as much as possible. However, some have argued that the foam's superior absorption properties over liquid minoxidil means that even a single application per day may be just as effective. Personally, I try to allow 10 to 12 hours between applications.

You give the foam four hours to absorb before shampooing.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

David,

My doctor advised me to take Finpecia early morning as soon as I wake up. He said testosterone levels are quite high in morning so If I take the pill/tablet there would be less possibility of testosterone mixing with 5 AR to produce DHT??

Is that true?

Also, can I use mixodil on my temple, frontal area? I find my foam (Tugain 5 %) absorbs quickly in the crown area but in front it doesn't absorb that quickly (takes and hour )