HT Shock Loss and Propecia

Headline question: Is it better to wait a year (or some significant amount of time) after starting Propecia before getting a hair transplant and does waiting help to minimize shock loss?

I know that shock loss of existing hair can occur following a hair transplant and that this hair may not return if it was near the end of its lifecycle (i.e. this hair would have fallen out shortly anyway due to progression of a person's balding). I know also that Propecia is supposed to be pretty effective at maintaining much of one's existing hair, but that the impact of Propecia can take many months to really take effect. As I have only been on Propecia for just over two months, if I get a hair transplant near-term, do I run a greater risk of permanently losing some existing hair through shock loss than if I waited ten months for the full impact of Propecia to kick in? In other words, might I have existing hair near the end of its lifecycle today that is vulnerable to shock loss now, but that might be "re-invigorated" by Propecia six months from now and be more likely to remain after a transplant done a year from now vs. a transplant done today? All thoughts are welcome.

Headline question: Is it better to wait a year (or some significant amount of time) after starting Propecia before getting a hair transplant and does waiting help to minimize shock loss?

I know that shock loss of existing hair can occur following a hair transplant and that this hair may not return if it was near the end of its lifecycle (i.e. this hair would have fallen out shortly anyway due to progression of a person's balding). I know also that Propecia is supposed to be pretty effective at maintaining much of one's existing hair, but that the impact of Propecia can take many months to really take effect. As I have only been on Propecia for just over two months, if I get a hair transplant near-term, do I run a greater risk of permanently losing some existing hair through shock loss than if I waited ten months for the full impact of Propecia to kick in? In other words, might I have existing hair near the end of its lifecycle today that is vulnerable to shock loss now, but that might be "re-invigorated" by Propecia six months from now and be more likely to remain after a transplant done a year from now vs. a transplant done today? All thoughts are welcome.

NYC...

It doesnt take 1 year for the full effect from the Propecia...in fact it starts blocking DHT almost immediately...what takes time is for the growth of the hair based on the cycles (telogen (shedding) and anagen (growth)..sometimes up to 4 months for hair to grow. If you were to get on Propecia a couple of weeks before your procedure those native weak hairs would be stronger by dropping the level of DHT ...it does not guarantee survival after a ht since trauma and the change in blood supply are also big factors.

The one year "rule" does a few things: Lets a guy see the full effect of the propecia on hair growth...a guy may change his mind about ht after starting Propecia. Also it lets people do research, learn about options (strip, FUE), avoid the mills, get finances in order, arrange time off from work. At this time technology and results are improving (mostly referring to FUE) and prices are dropping.