hairloss treatments

joey27

I am experiencing hairloss about 40-60 strands a day. I have lost lots at my temples. Its gone really deep.

My goals are

1) To prevent further hairloss

2) If somehow i can re-grow my hair at my temples (is this too much to ask for ;-))

I read about PRP/ACell. i dont know how effective they are - Can anyone explain if this is effective.

I dont know if i have thinning of my hair. I have undergone no treatment yet.

my saloon guy told me that there is thinning of hair at front.

Please advice. Which doctor should i consider in LA area. Please help me.

I can post my pics if you want me to.

Thank you.

joey27,

Welcome! For starters, let me state that that there is currently no non-surgical hair loss treatment available that is likely to restore your receding hairline. However, your best bet to retain the hair you have and potentially add density to thinning hair is using Rogaine (minoxidil) and Propecia (finasteride). These are the only two clinically proven and FDA approved drugs for the treatment of androgenic alopecia.

In addition to these drugs, you may also wish to add Nizoral Shampoo to your hair growth regimen. Nizoral contains the active ingredient Ketoconazole which may be a mild DHT blocker. Used in combination, Rogaine, Propecia and Nizoral are known affectionately as "The Big Three".

To restore your hairline, you may require hair transplant surgery. To learn more about your options I suggest consulting with one or more of the prescreened, quality hair hair restoration physicians recommended by the Hair Transplant Network. You can also click here for a list of recommended doctors in California.

I also highly recommend spending some quality time reading this forum. There are many knowledgeable and friendly members here including some of the world's finest hair transplant surgeons ready and willing to answer your questions.

Best of luck!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Oops, I almost forgot, PRP's hair growth potential is still unproven and has not really lived up to its hype of a few years ago. ACell is mostly used for scar hearing at this point. Its use in hair duplication is still being explored.

For more, see the below articles.

Hair Transplant Surgeon Dr. Alan Feller Shares Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Hair Loss Treatment Update

Hair Duplication (Formerly Known as Autocloning) and ACell: The Potential for Restoring a Full Head of Hair?

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

Thanks for the response. I have posted my Pictures in my profile.

Can you take a look and make some suggestions. Do you think any surgery will help. how much will be the cost. will the hair from the back will regrow. i dont want a bald patch at the back to cover the front.

I have not used any treatment so far. I have dandruff as well. When it becomes worse i use Nizral/triatop for sometime.

Thank you very much.

What i thought was - let me try this PRP+Acell and see if hair regrows at the temples and front.

and let me checkout surgery is neccessary if nothing works.

Thank you very much.

joey27,

You have come to the right place to start your hair restoration education. It's very clear that you do not yet understand the procedure. There will be no bald patch on the back of your head from the harvesting of the grafts. If you opt for follicular unit transplantation (FUT), a strip of hair-bearing scalp will be harvested from the rear and sides of your head and the resulting wound will be sutured closed. Ideally, this will result in a pencil-thin, linear scar that easily concealed by your hair. See a step-by-step procedure here.

You appear to have a lot of native hair left. My suggestion is to stabilize your hair loss with Rogaine (minoxidil) and Propecia (finasteride) and consult with one of the doctors listed above in my previous post.

Good luck!

• 3 months later...
Guest mariasamonte

Several factors lead to hair loss in men and women, most notably androgenic alopecia, an inherited condition. Treatment is available. Early treatment produces better results. Balding is a cosmetic condition, usually resulting from genetic influences, aging, skin conditions, or certain medications. The most common forms of balding are male- and female-pattern baldness. I have accidentally visited this siteleimo.us and gave it a try. It has informations and products for those people who are balding and suffering from hair thinning or hair loss. I have been using it now for 6 months and i am very happy with the result. I recommend you try this for good results.