3rd Procedure - band in rear from scar

Posted previously regarding my 3rd HT graft survival:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/165185-delayed-no-growth-possible-multiple-hair-transplants.html#post2298975

I am now 3 mos. post-op and concerned whether this depressed "band" from the strip scar will eventually lessen. It looks like I was wearing a tight hat. Never had this on my first two procedures. Could this be like some kind of shock loss? My doc has always done the tricophytic closure.

Anyone else experience this?

G'day mate;

I have not experienced this personally. Could you post a pic for folks to better understand your concern. Depression of the scar would not seem related to shock loss. If the concern is really great then speaking to your surgeon as soon as possible regarding your concern is most important.

Michael James is a Patient Advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi, who is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network; and not a physician. Visit Us On: Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | LinkedIn

Comments give here are only for intellectual consideration and in no manner to be construed or accepted as medical advice. It is important to seek the advice of a physician in all medical circumstances including hair restoration, dietary or others directly or indirectly related to the subjects in this forum

G'day mate;

I have not experienced this personally. Could you post a pic for folks to better understand your concern. Depression of the scar would not seem related to shock loss. If the concern is really great then speaking to your surgeon as soon as possible regarding your concern is most important.

This is what I'm talking about...

I do recall them shaving my hair before doing the excision, so maybe it's from that and I just have to let it grow back?

5b32d239ddadb_HT3-band.jpg.aab4dc4927ba402f59946e562a0bbbbd.jpg

Edited by MCS

mcs never seen this before what is the scar looking like? if anything would expect to see a step with hair that length, i would agree with contacting your Doc asap.

As you can see, the scar is still healing as its obviously red. The hair indentation follows exactly along the line of the scar. It is very hard to tell looking backwards in a mirror, but it looks like the hair right above the scar stops and a different layer of hair begins right below it.

5b32d23a030ef_HT3-SCAR.jpg.3c4e6da7306d3ce124f8a02d35ba46a7.jpg