Did I Get the number of Grafts I paid for?

Andalus

• 4 months later...

Thankyou for all of this as it helps me make a more informed decision. I am looking towards Turkey for treatment (balance of geography, skill and cost). Just been in touch with Longevita via online chat with a CSR there. I have 'lingering' doubts following the conversation and also from reading feedback on the forum here from clients who have had procedures in Turkey with Longevita. Jury's out on this one right now. Regards, Campbell.

Ok, here's the update. Longevita have offered a "free" session for some more grafts which I have been contemplating but since there are donor areas which in which over-harvesting is obvious, particularly behind the ear areas, I am an unsure I have enough grafts remaining for another session without being totally bald in large areas on the sides and back!

When I queried that the density I was told did not match the number of hair (never mind grafts) - that I could physically count, I was told that it was my hair type resulting in the non-growth of all the grafts and that another session, the free one, could not guarantee results if my hair was the "wrong type".

So why would I go through the torment of surgery followed by the several months of anxiety while it grows with potentially worse results in the donor area?

Overall, I have way more hair than I did before the surgery which is noticeable so its not all bad but it's a shame that I did not get the 5900 grafts I paid for as well as not having enough grafts remaining in the donor area for any future surgery from a reputable surgeon.

One final note regarding the contracts. Longevita made me sign a form exonerating them from any liability saying that this was between myself and the clinic although my contract was with them and not their sub-contractor! Looking back, this was incorrect and and should not be accepted.

If I could turn back the clock, would I go with Longevita again? Probably not but if the low price did tempt me, I would implement these lessons learnt:

1. Have the English speaking chaperone Longevita provide in the surgery room throughout surgery so I am not stuck with totally non-English speakers, rather than just drop you off since her/his service is included for the full duration of your procedure.

2. Have the Chaperone record the entire procedure in detail so the number of incisions, grafts etc can be counted on replay.

3. Ask to see the grafts - count them and the number of hair in each.

4. Challenge along the whole way.

5. I'm not sure how to avoid the over-harvesting in one area - may be insist the Surgeon who was sold undertakes the surgery and not other trainees!

One thing which may prevent practising the above is the fact you are sedated and only half conscious - so take a friend or your wife to undertake the full management, questioning and challenging role along with filming the evidence!

All the best to anyone considering Longevita.

Edited by Andalus

Hi Andalus , If i was you and they offered me free session i would consider to go for it, However your results is good in my opinion, i understand how you feel ,and am not sure if you can do that, but if you cut your hair very short you can still try to count it , it may give you more clear picture, and remember even the best surgeons will not guarantee the growth of 100% planted grafts. And thank you for the notes for it was really helpful.

• 4 months later...