Hair Transplant procedure Doctor Rahda Rani

RodG

Hi Forum membera,

After much research and deliberation I have undergone my second hair transplant procedure with Doctor Radha Rani on Monday 30/02/12012.

My first hair transplant was with DHT Clinic in August 2010 where Doctor Kulukarn (second doctor at DHT Clinic) performed the surgery for me. Unfortunately I was a norwood VI and I was virtually bald, Doctor Kulukar was able to do a 3743 grafts procedure and I think that I had a good result which dramatically changed my appearance (for the better).

My initial goal, however, was to have a relatively thick hairline and to cover some of my crown but unfortunately due to my extensive hairless this was not possible. After much deliberation I decided I wanted another hair transplant but this time decided that I wanted to travel to India and I will admit that price was part of my deciding factor. However, I needed to make sure that the surgeon I chose would have very good skills just like the surgeon that I had with DHT Clinic.

I discovered that Doctor Radha Rani had spent 18 months as Doctor Pathomvanich's assistant and over the course of a year I did a lot of research about her transplant skills and noted that she had been operating her own clinic here in her home town of Vizag, India. During the consultation process with her (via email) she was very responsive and answered all of my questions. She told me that because I had had a previous mega session that it would be reasonable to expect 1500 - 2000 grafts for the next session.

I arrived in India on 26/01/2012 and I have to say that I was a bit overwhelmed with what I say because it is so different to asian countries that I have travelled to. I really pays to do your research because I stayed in Chennai for overnight on route to Vizag and the accommodation was really dodgy.

My arrival in Vizag was very good and Doctor Radha's clinic booked me into a very nice 3.5 star hotel which I have been happy with and I have to say that the food is excellent. I had my consult with her on Saturday, 28/02/2012 and she told me that she expected to be able to extract up to 2000 grafts from my donor hair. She agreed to maintain my existing hairline and to transplant 30 grafts per sqcm for a depth of about 7.5cm and then to go a bit further but to also address the crown with 500 grafts. My baldness was so severe that there is no way to get full coverage but she agreed that it would help my appearance to have a bit of coverage in the crown area.

On Monday 28/01/2012 I attended the surgery and it was much the same experience that I had at DHT Clinic. I had to provide all my details i.e. health/medications etc. During the discussion with Doctor Radha she stated that she was concerned that she could observe a number of 1 hair grafts and thought that my density was only about 65 grafts per cm (my first procedure was 108 grafts per cm). I have to say that I have never read any mention of this on our forum and it was interesting what she had to say. I also asked Doctor Radha whether I could keep my donor hair without having it transplanted because I have a special event at home on my return and I didn't want to look like a circus freak :roll eyes:.

The procedure was very long and went for about 9 hours. She told me that I was a very restless patient and this had slowed her down quite a bit (well I have a pigeon chest with a bone that sticks out and it was very uncomfortable :( ). After the procedure was completed she told me that she was able to extract 2075 grafts but unfortunately 800 odd were single hair, 1200 double hair and the rest were three hair grafts. She also had to take the scar a little higher than the previous one because my first procedure scar was a bit low and the grafts in this area were a bit too thin to use (I was given the option and chose to have a second scar which meant that I would use better grafts). Also my scalp was so tight that it was a difficult close and she thought that my scar might be a little wider than the pencil thin one that I had. Doctor Radha planned my surgery at the consult, removes the donor area and sutures it. She also does all of the hairline and I was told that she places 50% of the grafts and her technicians do the rest. She was hands on during most of the procedure except for a break that she had during the day.

At the end of the surgery Doctor Radha provided me with instructions and then her driver returned me to the hotel. I was given vallium to help me sleep but I forgot to take them and apart from waking up at 3:00am and taking some more pain killers I had a great nights sleep. I had my hair washed at the clinic today and another consult with Doctor Radha. My pain level has been significantly less than my first procedure (I was out of action for 3 days last time) and I'm going out tonight with some lovely local ladies that I met at the airport.

All in all at this stage I am happy with how my hair transplant has gone. I'll keep the forum updated on my progress because I feel disappointed when forum members don't follow up on their progress. Subject to my outcome Doctor Radha will be another good quality surgeon for forum members to consider.

She has provided me with so much information that I cannot find fault with her.

Kind Regards

Rod

ps. I told her she needs to post more client results on our forum.