Post HT, miniatizing hair loss

I have been on finisteride and minoxidil since last two months now. A month ago, I had my HT on crown and temples. Since then I'v noticed that my miniatirizing hair on the temples are totally gone. Crown has become somewhat more visible too.

Is this very normal, or it happens with only a few?

Your shedding or shocking can be due for two reasons. One finasteride and minoxidil cause an initial shedding period usually occurring between months 2-4 and begin to regrow and become healthier after 6 months of usage. The transplant itself is another reason for shedding because when your doctor transplanted hairs in those areas he also caused some trauma to the surrounding areas, which leads to hairs shedding. If the hairs were miniaturized then they may not return, but ideally the doctor transplanted enough that it would more than compensate for that loss. If the hairs were healthy, they should return and start growing normally after 3-4 months. Right now it's a bit early to worry I'm sure around 6 months you'll notice a nice difference from the medications as well as the transplanted hairs.

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

hairupthere here to help calm us down again. Much appreciated!

When you say that the lost hair will come back in 3-4 months, are you meaning 3-4 months from the date of the HT or from when they fell out (which for me was ~3-4 weeks after the HT)

No problem. It is 3-4 months after surgery. At that point you won't see anything very substantial but you will see the hairs growing again and it will continue to improve from that point forward.

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Yes indeed

I actually just experienced a bit of shock loss / graft loss (fall out) after 6 weeks. I'm not worried at all ( been there done that). I just try to forget about my procedure and do what it takes to cover it up

1 year from now, none of this will matter and my hair will be looking good!

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!