2012 Dr. Rose at Shapiro Medical: 5/7/04

I just wanted to let everyone know I had my HT with Dr. Rose at Shapiro Medical in MN last week.

They are EVERYTHING great this site said they are! When I arrived I asked Matt and Dr. Rose if I could pay more and get more graphs. I had been scheduled for 2,000 +. He said he would try, but my scalp was not elastic enough to pull a wide strip out. So once he actually got in there he informed me he took as much as he could without stretching the opening to close to prevent a big scar. He was able to yield 2012 by days end. So they turned my money away!

Everyone there was top notch! All the techs worked along side me under 6 or 7 microscopes. I was there from 7:50 AM until 7:00 PM. Dr. Shapiro had one patient all day in the other room, and Dr. Rose had me all day.

They brought me lunch around 12:30. My butt got sore sitting there all day.. ha!

They only thing that was tough was the shots in the beginning. I had a small HT with Dr. Robert Leonard 2 years ago in RI and I don't remember that being such a big deal. However, Dr. Rose informed that sometimes on the 2nd HT it is more difficult getting the whole scalp numb because if some scar tissue from the first one. I was high on Valuim most the day and dozed on and off with DVDs or Music on.

All in all... these guys are great.

Thanks to everyone at this site. He spent a lot of time on my hairline and the techs all worked tirelessly. I am very exited to see the results in the next year.

I will post pics if you want.

I just wanted to let everyone know I had my HT with Dr. Rose at Shapiro Medical in MN last week.

They are EVERYTHING great this site said they are! When I arrived I asked Matt and Dr. Rose if I could pay more and get more graphs. I had been scheduled for 2,000 +. He said he would try, but my scalp was not elastic enough to pull a wide strip out. So once he actually got in there he informed me he took as much as he could without stretching the opening to close to prevent a big scar. He was able to yield 2012 by days end. So they turned my money away!

Everyone there was top notch! All the techs worked along side me under 6 or 7 microscopes. I was there from 7:50 AM until 7:00 PM. Dr. Shapiro had one patient all day in the other room, and Dr. Rose had me all day.

They brought me lunch around 12:30. My butt got sore sitting there all day.. ha!

They only thing that was tough was the shots in the beginning. I had a small HT with Dr. Robert Leonard 2 years ago in RI and I don't remember that being such a big deal. However, Dr. Rose informed that sometimes on the 2nd HT it is more difficult getting the whole scalp numb because if some scar tissue from the first one. I was high on Valuim most the day and dozed on and off with DVDs or Music on.

All in all... these guys are great.

Thanks to everyone at this site. He spent a lot of time on my hairline and the techs all worked tirelessly. I am very exited to see the results in the next year.

I will post pics if you want.

I would have gone to either. Both are tops in the field. They have written papers and lectured on hairlines, etc. Since Shapiro owns the clinic he has a slightly higher fee (overhead I assume and the fact that he oversees all the operations and policies). Dr. Rose also has an office in FL, but comes to MN 2 weeks each month. They have know each other a very long time. I met Ron Shapiro while I was there.. very cool guy. He came in and saw my work too.

( Dr. Keene from AZ and Dr. Charles from FL also come every 6 weeks or so and spend a week at Shapiro Medical in MN).

I just put picture in the "Post Your Own Hair Transplant Photos" section!