Meds

sjones23

Hi Guys,

Im a NW5 on the scale and have been told ill be a NW6 im going to be getting my HT in November all being well but nothing is scheduled as yet, im not taking any meds at the moment, im planning on getting 5000+ gratfs if possible , My biggest concern is if im not taking meds should i do the procedure?

sjones23,

Your profile says that you were using both Propecia and Rogaine. Have you discontinued both of these treatments and do you plan to remain off of them?

There are other members here who have chosen to have hair transplants without using meds. Since you're already a NW5 and it's pretty clear how far your hair loss is going to progress, I think that you and your doctor can devise an appropriate plan taking future balding into account.

Success really depends on your hair restoration goals/expectations and the quality and density of your donor supply.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

yeah i was taking both but as soon as my nipple started to give me pain i stopped taking them

I would personally not like the idea of getting a HT without the meds, thats for me personally!! However, there are many on here who have done that and have excellent results!!:)

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

I agree

I started on the Finasteride over 10 years ago to stabilize my hairloss. It continues to do the job and allowed me to focus on "getting hair" and not losing it.

As hairloss is progressive, it is rare when one's loss stops by itself. With this in mind, getting HT's without stopping hairloss is like trying to keep a sinking boat afloat with a bucket.

I have had no side effects either so it was an easy choice for me

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!