HT Surgeons in Western India (Mumbai, Pune) (New Member)

Mihir

Hi all,

This community has been really helpful to me in deciding to go for HT. I suffer from Norwood VI baldness. I see that only one Indian doctor is recommended here. My question is to senior members/founders:

1. Have you screened any other hair transplant surgeons especially in and around Mumbai? Mumbai being the commercial and entertainment capital of India presents a large market for cosmetic procedures.

2. Dr Madhu sounds great, but it will cost me some money to travel and reside in Hyderabad. It would really help if you have shortlisted any other surgeons in India (Mumbai, Pune).

3. A lot of surgeons that I spoke to in Pune (birth place of Tata Nano) recommend FUE procedure over FUT. They claim that costs are not that different. That contradicts articles on this forum and elsewhere on the net. Need advice!

Thank you,

Mihir

Mihir,

Currently, Dr. Pathuri Madhu is the only hair transplant surgeon in India we have reviewed that has met our high standards. We make no claim that our list of recommended physicians is comprehensive, only that the doctors that we do recommend meet our criteria.

Currently, we are in the process of evaluating Dr. Radha Rani. Dr. Radha has been invited to share examples of her work with our community and appears to be doing highly refined follicular unit hair transplantation.

There are many factors to consider when deciding between FUE and FUT. Price is only one of these and should not be the deciding factor. For more on FUE vs. FUT I suggest reading the following article from our Hair Loss Q&A Blog: What are the Disadvantages of FUE Hair Transplant Surgery when Compared to FUT?

Here in the US, the cost of FUT averages between $4 and $6 per graft while the cost for FUE is between $6 and $10. Prices, of course, vary in other parts of the world.

Best of luck!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

David,

Thanks for your reply. I have decided to go ahead with the FUT procedure in Mumbai. I have already seen two successful patients of this senior doctor. Maybe, I can add some more information after the procedure for anyone who is from Western India.

About FUT vs FUE, I have observed that lot of non-surgeons claim to do successful FUE. I am playing it safe and getting FUT done from a qualified surgeon.

I looked for Dr Radha Rani, but again she is in Vizag in eastern India. I think a surgeon closer home would be better for me. If the HT is successful, I will update the information on this forum.

Thanks again for your help,

Mihir

Hi Mihi,

Travel should not be a major consideration when assessing which doctor to perform your HT. In my case I'm travelling from Australia to Vizag, India to have my HT done by Doctor Radha. Doctor Madhu from Hyderabad was also a close candidate.

Regards

Rod

Hi Rod,

Thanks for your advice! The thing is that I have budget constraints as it is quite expensive for us in terms of rupees (Indian currency)! I also thought that it would be easier to follow up with a doctor (in case of complications) closer home! However, I am currently taking Finasteride and applying Minoxidil to improve hair density.

I may still consider going to Dr Madhu. Any particular reason that you chose Dr Radha Rani over Dr Madhu? Kindly let me know.

Hi,

I decided on Doctor Radha because she was trained by Doctor Pathomvanich who is very experienced HT surgeon from Thailand and some of her staff trained with his clinic as well. Doctor Radha is more hands on with the surgery as opposed to Doctor Madhu.

She was also highly recommended to me by a couple of forum members. You should definitely have an online consult with her.

The forum has seen a number of poor HT results from India.

Regards

Rod

• 2 weeks later...

I have seen Rod's pic and comments about Dr. Radha Rani. Before was/am planing to Undergo HT from her clinic but i am not getting more than 5 days off one strech.

Out of which 2 days would go in for traveling . I day to reach Vizag and one while coming back.

I am concerened is it safe to resume back work after just 3 days post surgery. I am typical working in a software development company work is to sit in office no outdoor .

Kindly suggest would this be a good time to go for it or wait untill i get off for 2 weeks. I am currectly Norwood level 4

Hi Sampats,

I just had my HT with Doctor Radha yesterday and I am in the process of recovering at the moment. My current procedure was FUT of 2075 grafts and I appear to be recovering much better than my first HT when I had 3743 grafts.

I think at a stretch and with perhaps painkillers you could go to work after 3 days after surgery but definitely 4 days, if there are no complications. This is my second hair transplant and she is very good and ticks all the boxes for me. Although this is only one part of the equation and I need to show my results over the next 12 months.

Kind Regards

Rod

my first ht of 1490 i was back working on the 4th day...but my 2nd ht i swelled up on the 3rd day or something....luckily I had like a month before i went back to work....your body just responds different sometimes

Hi Sampats,

My doctor has asked me to avoid traveling, especially by train in India immediately after the surgery. Don't do the transplant if you do not have sufficient leave. After the FUT, we need to take care of the hair properly for at least 20 days, so avoid traveling after the surgery.

Regards,

Mihir

Hi Sampats,

My doctor has asked me to avoid traveling, especially by train in India immediately after the surgery. Don't do the transplant if you do not have sufficient leave. After the FUT, we need to take care of the hair properly for at least 20 days, so avoid traveling after the surgery.

Regards,

Mihir

• 1 month later...