Am I balding?

coffeehater1955

Hey everyone. Thanks in advance for taking the time and energy to read/respond to my post.

Basic Information

- 28 years old

- NO balding on either side of my family

- I haven't had any hairline recession

I cut my hair about once a week. About two months ago, I thought a noticed thinning around my scalp - specifically the point where my hair "swirls". I wasn't sure, though. A little freaked out, I asked every member of my family ... and they told me I was going crazy. My mother inspected my scalp closely, grabbed my hair, and said, "You're crazy. I'm grabbing hair. You're not missing any anywhere. Noone in the family is bald. That's just the way your hair grows!" A week later, I asked a few friends/fellow employees. They agreed. Still, I'm not convinced.

Other tidbits:

- I manage group homes for special-needs adults, a very high-stress job.

- I don't sleep well, often going several days with only sleeping a couple hours. I drink a lot of coffee.

- My weight fluctuates.

- When I was about 22-23 ... I developed a light hair patch (quarter-size) on the side of my head. It's brown, contrasting with my dark brown hair.

I took a few pictures, but the results vary. They can look very different depending on the light. Not sure how the flash/lighting affects things. When I reach back ... I feel nothing in terms of hair variance. I wonder if I'm developing another light haired area.

Am I balding? Should I go see a doctor?

Pictures:

Hair1.jpg

Hair2.jpg

Hair3a.jpg

IMG]http://i537.photobucket.com/albums/ff340/pdaj1/Hair3.jpg[/img]

Hair4.jpg

Hair8.jpg

Hair3.jpg

Hair7.jpg

Your feedback would be extremely appreciated.

Hey everyone. Thanks in advance for taking the time and energy to read/respond to my post.

Basic Information

- 28 years old

- NO balding on either side of my family

- I haven't had any hairline recession

I cut my hair about once a week. About two months ago, I thought a noticed thinning around my scalp - specifically the point where my hair "swirls". I wasn't sure, though. A little freaked out, I asked every member of my family ... and they told me I was going crazy. My mother inspected my scalp closely, grabbed my hair, and said, "You're crazy. I'm grabbing hair. You're not missing any anywhere. Noone in the family is bald. That's just the way your hair grows!" A week later, I asked a few friends/fellow employees. They agreed. Still, I'm not convinced.

Other tidbits:

- I manage group homes for special-needs adults, a very high-stress job.

- I don't sleep well, often going several days with only sleeping a couple hours. I drink a lot of coffee.

- My weight fluctuates.

- When I was about 22-23 ... I developed a light hair patch (quarter-size) on the side of my head. It's brown, contrasting with my dark brown hair.

I took a few pictures, but the results vary. They can look very different depending on the light. Not sure how the flash/lighting affects things. When I reach back ... I feel nothing in terms of hair variance. I wonder if I'm developing another light haired area.

Am I balding? Should I go see a doctor?

Pictures:

Hair1.jpg

Hair2.jpg

Hair3a.jpg

Hair4.jpg

Hair8.jpg

Hair3.jpg

Hair7.jpg

Your feedback would be extremely appreciated.

In some shots it looks more significant then others... I'm assuming your collic area hasnt looked like that since birth? If it hasnt then you might be thinning.. I know some ppl have collics that are very thin, so maybe you are one of those ppl.. either way.. it doesnt look very extensive at all.. you have more hair then me and i'm 22. If it worries you that much, see a dermintologist....

take care.