Updated UK advice

Hi all,

I'm a 23 year old male and have been noticably thinning over the last 2 years. Losing hair at this age has really knocked my confidence. I'm hesitant to go out to social events and detest looking in the mirror or getting my photo taken.

I've come to the conclusion that I would like to get some medical help. I've been reading threads based on UK results but noticed these dated back to 2008 and 2009. Can anyone provide advice on the following:

- Which type of procedure is best?

- Being a student a few months ago and having a mortgage is difficult but I've managed to save ?5k. Will this be enough?

- Previous advice noted travelling to Manchester. I do not think it would be possible for me to travel due to work commitments. Are there any decent centres in Scotland?

- How long will I need to take off work?

Thanks in advance.

Mate

Please don't let geography and 'work commitments' cloud your decision. A HT isn't something to be taken lightly, something which can be done in your lunch hour. This is surgery on your head which requires lots of post op care and TLC.

The only UK surgeon on here is Farjo Manchester. After that it is Belgium and then USA/Canada (in no particular order). Please learn from other peoples mistakes and do your research, otherwise you will be on here in a year asking about repair work.

A few of us are meeting in Manchester next month so why not come along and meet some guys who have had surgery and you will see HTs in the flesh- no pressure, no HT salesmen.

Good luck and please don't rush in.