Need help analyzing Minturization Study (pics enclosed)

I decided to do my own miniaturization study using a digital microscope.

Please help me analyze these images.

I am not currently looking to get an HT. At the moment my hair coverage is fairly good but I am starting to notice reccession. Most of the hairs that fall out are miniaturized and I am starting to worry.

hairmappingdiagram.jpg

Point A:

pointashot2.jpg

Point B:

pointb.jpg

Point C:

pointcshot2.jpg

Point D:

pointd.jpg

Point E:

pointeshot2.jpg

Point F:

pointf.jpg

Point G:

pointg.jpg

Above right ear

aboverightear.jpg

Edited by mjk258

I'm no expert but A and C looked the worst by far. Especially C which looked to have a lot of vellus hairs.

But I don't think these results tell you much because you already knew you had some temple recession. Perhaps the recession is do to a maturing hairline...I don't know. Also are A and C taken right at the hairline or beyond that? If they're well into the hairline then it may be male pattern baldness. Have you seen a reputable doctor about the results? If he thinks this is a problem he'll probably recommend finasteride. This can help slow or stabilze the loss.

I'm no expert but A and C looked the worst by far. Especially C which looked to have a lot of vellus hairs.

But I don't think these results tell you much because you already knew you had some temple recession. Perhaps the recession is do to a maturing hairline...I don't know. Also are A and C taken right at the hairline or beyond that? If they're well into the hairline then it may be male pattern baldness. Have you seen a reputable doctor about the results? If he thinks this is a problem he'll probably recommend finasteride. This can help slow or stabilze the loss.

Thanks for the insight.

A and C were both taken right at the hair line. I'm trying to get a real miniaturization study done but I haven't had much luck getting a trichologist referral but I'll keep trying. I'm willing to fly to just about anywhere in USA/Canada to have some comprehensive analysis done.

I'm in British Columbia. I went to Hasson and Wong for an assessment of my hair....not for surgery, but to get on finasteride/ Propecia/Proscar. You could try them....I don't think they will do miniaturization studies, but you would be able to get a prescription there if necessary. Also you could consult with them online as its free.

My GP never believed me about my hairloss and so I really had to bug him for a referral. When I finally did get a dermatologist referral he sucked and knew way less than what you would find here. Its better to pick your own doctor IMO. Pay for private care if you have to.