Finpicia and Nizoral shampoo

thebutterflycollector

Hi

I came on here last year just before my 18th birthday and was given a lot of help and information which lead me to having a consultation and the Farjo Clinic and starting on Regaine. I have now been on Regaine since February (firstly the liquid version then onto the foam) and while I have had some good results with some hair growing back (I will try and get some pictures). Alot of this hair is still 'baby' hair and I have a gaps where this hair has grown and the 'old' hair is.

I have been reluctant to start using other medications as this has been working well and the side affects are minimal. However, I have decided it is time to step up my regime as my dad started loosing his hair at 20 and that isn't too far away (I'm now 19) and I just feel my hair could with a boost. I have read quite a few articles etc on Finasteride and intend buying it from the website recommended by SpexHair as Finpicia 1mg per day. However, I have a few concerns that I would like addressing. What are the side affects? I have read about erectile problems but are their any others and how common are they, should I be concerned? I have seen people say that it prevents hair growing on other parts of your body, and as my beard isn't fully developed I don't want this to affect me.

Nizoral shampoo is another one I have seen being recommended, is it worth getting and if so where is the cheapest in the UK? Does it have any side affects and how often should I use it? Also when I wash my hair at the moment, it normally takes 3 'washes' to clean it in one wash if you know what I mean. Should I use my normal first to clean my hair then apply Nizoral after or would this prevent it from working.

Apologies for rambling on and I hope this is in the right section.

Any help,information or further recommendations would be most appreciated.

Thanks

thebutterflycollector

In my opinion, the benefits of propecia far outweigh the risk! If you are concerned about hair loss it is the best thing you can do to prevent and even reverse hair loss! Nizoral is a great compliment with rogaine and propecia..You only need to use it a couple of times a week to help with hair loss.

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

Personally i would use propecia not the generic version finpecia.

Start off propecia on a low dose say a quarter eod for a month then increase it to a half eod..wait and see for 6 months if this helps if not increase the dose.i think its important to find the correct balance and what dose you need,just because the pill is 1mg doesnt mean you wont respond to .5mg

Nizoral does nothing for hairloss what so ever,no shampoo does.i use nizoral just because its a good shampoo and my scalp feels good after wash.

Start off propecia on a low dose say a quarter eod for a month then increase it to a half eod..wait and see for 6 months if this helps if not increase the dose.i think its important to find the correct balance and what dose you need,just because the pill is 1mg doesnt mean you wont respond to .5mg

Nizoral does nothing for hairloss what so ever,no shampoo does.i use nizoral just because its a good shampoo and my scalp feels good after wash.

Actually nizoral has been show to fight hair loss! The active ingredient in has..

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

True it does fight hair loss but it doesnt succeed,the active ingredient ketoconazole i think thats how its spelt anyway,in one study it was meant to maybe as effective as 2% minoxidil,it takes alot more than one small scale study to prove it does anything for hairloss,it does nothing imo if it did the makers could advertise it to fight hair loss.

In my opinion, the benefits of propecia far outweigh the risk! If you are concerned about hair loss it is the best thing you can do to prevent and even reverse hair loss! Nizoral is a great compliment with rogaine and propecia..You only need to use it a couple of times a week to help with hair loss.

what are the risks other than erectile problems? have you experienced any problems? do you know if it does affect other body hair?

why do u think i should start on propecia as finpicia is the same and cheaper? does it matter what dossage i take or how often i take it?

thanks for the help so far much appreciated

thebutterflycollector

• 3 weeks later...
what are the risks other than erectile problems? have you experienced any problems? do you know if it does affect other body hair?

- erection problems

- shrinkage

- impotence

- some mental issues - thinking more slowly/fogginess

These are generally thought to be reversible when stopping the drug, however for some unlucky people they are permanent.

These are not minor issues, they have destroyed some peoples lives, however at the same time, most people don't suffer significant side effects.

Do some research - I don't feel that people on this site give enough consideration to these genuine problems.

I am not suggesting that you avoid it - I use it myself - but be aware that there are people who have had far worse effects than hair loss as a result of taking this drug. Scary details here: PROPECIAHELP: Unresolved Finasteride Propecia Proscar side effects info & forum