Sun exposure on the 3rd day after HT

Guest mariewoltz25411697

Guest mariewoltz25411697

I had my scalp exposed to sun on the 3rd day after my HT. My head bandage was removed and hair wash was given at the clinic. I forgot to take a cap with me to the clinic. This was in India in summer. So the sun wasn't too mild either. But it was morning about 10AM. After the bandage removal, I looked around to buy a cap. But stores were closed as it was a Sunday. I was riding back home on a motorcycle, so there was no roof to protect me from sun. I would say I was exposed to sun for about 10-15mins. I didn't get a sunburn or any noticeable changes to my scalp.

I don't think I have good results from my transplant either. Its been 16months since my transplant. Recently I have been worrying about this incident, thinking that it resulted in low yield. Are there any others who think their results are bad because of sun exposure?

Edited by mariewoltz25411697

Hi,

Had a look at your before and after photos but it is too hard to identify whether the yield was on the low side. I also had my head exposed day 2 after my procedure but I had a good result.

Who performed your surgery? Your profile indicates that you are from the US but you state in your post that the op was performed in India.

Regards rod

Guest mariewoltz25411697

Yeah I live in US. But I am from India actually. My surgery was done by Dr. Ashok Reddy, not a good one in my opinion.