Resuming use of Nioxin 11 days post op??

hi guys,

i am now 11 days post op FUT.

in my opinion i am healing amazingly well, all my redness appears to be gone, and scabs are falling off freely. (lots of crust all over my scalp).

at this stage, when it comes to shampooing i am really being overly cautious.. ie, not scrubbing, still gently patting my hair with regular shampoo which i only started using 9 days post op.

i know i would have to really try hard to damage or remove a graft at this stage,

my question is, can i get back on the Nioxin shampoo which i used 10 months prior my HT?? or is considered too harsh for my scalp at this stage.?

also, from the research ive done on this forum, it seems wise that i get on the rogaine Foam after about 14 days post op? however a thread regarding seasonal shedding from the informative Spex did indicate this will make me shed even more. i intend to use the rogaine for the long term.

i am currently on proscar 1.25mg daily and sawpalmetto capsules daily for the past 12 months

many thanks fellow hair loss sufferers

i know i will really have to be patient in the next couple of months and im trying not to let this early shedding scare me too much or put me off

:)

I was wondering the same thing about post-op Nioxin.

Aside: what are the general feelings on the forum about Nioxin? I've been using it about 2 years and haven't noticed a difference one way or the other. If anything, I feel like my hair has looked a little worse since then :/ May have nothing to do with that though.

Jan 2000 - 600 FUT with Dr Kurgis (MHR)

Sept 2011 - 1411 FUT with Dr Paul Shapiro

Jan 2013 - 1800 FUT with Dr Paul Shapiro

Sep 2014 - 1000 FUE with Dr Paul Shapiro

My Hairloss Blog »

anyone,?? all the senior members must be on holidays enjoying there full head of hair lol

in re to nioxin, all i can say is that after a shower and conditioner it gave a thicker and fuller appearance straight after a shower. thats about it... cant say it reduced or increased shedding.

i will just wait 14 days post op to ask my dr, have an appointment with him... for now baby shampoo it is!

can any dr's give some general advise here?

15 days post op now, and would like to know if it is wise to get back onto my Nioxin shampoo and conditioner which i was on 10 months prior transplant.

for now i am continuing to use baby shampoo. have been doing so since 11 days post op.