HT with Dr. Path (3956 grafts)

blaze1984

Hello,

I had my HT with Dr. Path in Bangkok on the 29th of September 2011, and boy was I glad I did!! I received 3956 grafts and everything went very smoothly. Dr.Path is a very professional doctor and knew exactly what I wanted. I just couldn't thank him enough for making this a very pleasant experience, unlike my first HT with another Dr.

This was my 2nd transplant, as my first, performed by some doctor called Dr. Tahsin Al Wahab in Bahrain 2 yrs ago, was a complete waste of time, money, and 2200 grafts! I have asked him lots of questions prior to the surgery only to find out that he lied to me. I asked him if he would be transplanting the grafts himself and he said he would only to find out that the nurses did most of the work, and the only thing he did was butcher me!! He "literally" butchered my head while removing the grafts.. He actually was ripping off the skin with his fingers that I could hear my skin being ripped off like a piece of cloth which led to a severe cut in the blood vessels. I was in total shock seeing how brutal he was performing the surgery on me and blood was pouring from my head down to my shoulders that I actually felt so nauscious and light headed. He didn't even bother to at least stitch it, but rather stitched the outer skin in hopes that the vessels would heal their own. All of this which I didn't know was happening until later. I suffered from horrible pain for 3 weeks post op as my donor area was VERY swollen because of the blood accumulating under the stitched skin.I just couldn't bare the pressure it caused! I went to 4 doctors hoping that someone would help relieve the pain but no one did. they all asked me to go the doctor who performed the surgery to remove the stitches and fix the problem. When I went back to Dr. Tahsin for the 2nd time, begging him that there is something wrong and this didn't seem right, he was very rude and actually told me to "toughen up" and get over it and that this is all part of the healing process, which I knew was not true and that I didn't have to go through all this pain.

3 weeks post op, while I was working on my laptop trying to forget about the pain, all of a sudden the stitches split open because of the pressure of the accumulated blood and I was bleeding from head to toe, like a F*****G pig!! I don't know how, but I managed to call my parents who happen to live near by to come and rush me to the ER. I reached the ER completed RED from head to toe! The doctor was shocked and immediately rushed me to the operations room to perform surgery under full anesthesia, which I had to pay over a $1300 for!! Not to mention the money I paid for the HT surgery as well which I didn't see any good results except for a very wide donor area scar.

I decided to share my story with everyone to help other people make right decisions!! DO YOUR HOMEWORK!! research well and never let the price of an HT dictate your choice of a doctor!! An unprofessional doctor can actually kill you!! Its not worth it !!

anyway, here's my pics before and one week post op with Dr. Path... Its now one month post op and the transplanted hair is shedding.. which is making me worry a bit! But I do hope they will start to grow back in a couple of months .. I know that Dr. Path is a great doctor and I can't wait to see the results.

Let me know what you think :)

DSC00604.jpg.41658930cd9e8c26782d17589f6ca920.jpg

DSC00609.jpg.c9aafca00a1c021f2e0ec2721f543449.jpg

post1.jpg.9d20fc35b9a4367e6bc1c982d8f0a4b0.jpg

post2.jpg.733ee38a2ad54cba69060b70d6268a4d.jpg

Shedding of the transplanted hairs is normal after a few weeks. You are fine in the hands of Dr. Path.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

Hello,

I had my HT with Dr. Path in Bangkok on the 29th of September 2011, and boy was I glad I did!! I received 3956 grafts and everything went very smoothly. Dr.Path is a very professional doctor and knew exactly what I wanted. I just couldn't thank him enough for making this a very pleasant experience, unlike my first HT with another Dr.

This was my 2nd transplant, as my first, performed by some doctor called Dr. Tahsin Al Wahab in Bahrain 2 yrs ago, was a complete waste of time, money, and 2200 grafts! I have asked him lots of questions prior to the surgery only to find out that he lied to me. I asked him if he would be transplanting the grafts himself and he said he would only to find out that the nurses did most of the work, and the only thing he did was butcher me!! He "literally" butchered my head while removing the grafts.. He actually was ripping off the skin with his fingers that I could hear my skin being ripped off like a piece of cloth which led to a severe cut in the blood vessels. I was in total shock seeing how brutal he was performing the surgery on me and blood was pouring from my head down to my shoulders that I actually felt so nauscious and light headed. He didn't even bother to at least stitch it, but rather stitched the outer skin in hopes that the vessels would heal their own. All of this which I didn't know was happening until later. I suffered from horrible pain for 3 weeks post op as my donor area was VERY swollen because of the blood accumulating under the stitched skin.I just couldn't bare the pressure it caused! I went to 4 doctors hoping that someone would help relieve the pain but no one did. they all asked me to go the doctor who performed the surgery to remove the stitches and fix the problem. When I went back to Dr. Tahsin for the 2nd time, begging him that there is something wrong and this didn't seem right, he was very rude and actually told me to "toughen up" and get over it and that this is all part of the healing process, which I knew was not true and that I didn't have to go through all this pain.

3 weeks post op, while I was working on my laptop trying to forget about the pain, all of a sudden the stitches split open because of the pressure of the accumulated blood and I was bleeding from head to toe, like a F*****G pig!! I don't know how, but I managed to call my parents who happen to live near by to come and rush me to the ER. I reached the ER completed RED from head to toe! The doctor was shocked and immediately rushed me to the operations room to perform surgery under full anesthesia, which I had to pay over a $1300 for!! Not to mention the money I paid for the HT surgery as well which I didn't see any good results except for a very wide donor area scar.

I decided to share my story with everyone to help other people make right decisions!! DO YOUR HOMEWORK!! research well and never let the price of an HT dictate your choice of a doctor!! An unprofessional doctor can actually kill you!! Its not worth it !!

anyway, here's my pics before and one week post op with Dr. Path... Its now one month post op and the transplanted hair is shedding.. which is making me worry a bit! But I do hope they will start to grow back in a couple of months .. I know that Dr. Path is a great doctor and I can't wait to see the results.

Let me know what you think :)

Simply put, I think the design is very, very aggressive, given your age, amount of loss, and previous use of 2,200 grafts.

First, although you describe yourself as a NW2A, the pictures suggest that you're probably closer to a NW4 with noticeable thinning into the NW5 zone. And given that you're only 26 or 27 years old, I'd hazard that you're probably a lock for NW5 within the next 5-10 years. Second, you selected a NW1 hairline design with rounded corners. Third, you already had a previous surgery in which you used 2,200 grafts.

Those are all major risk factors counseling against this kind of low, straight NW1 hairline. I hope it works out for you, but I fear that you could be in for a world of hurt when you're 35.

blaze1984,

Congratulations on your recent hair transplant with Dr. Path. He is undoubtedly one of the world's best. As RCWest already pointed out, the shedding is perfectly normal. Hang in there and I'm sure you'll be very happy in the coming months.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

• 7 years later...

I wish this respectable person write his actual name so that we can be able to pull out his file and to see what really happened.

Dr. path is excellent doctor and he is member of ISHRS like me and American board of hair restoration surgery like me and the top of that I am following the royal college of surgeons of Edinburgh since 1980. 

i would not believe that he had 3956 grafts by doctor path on his head and  his head look like that in the photo that he sent.  It should have been covered completely.

I request that the administration of this site remove this kind of vicious smearing of my name and the clinic reputation. unless the patient write his real name and address so i could face him in court.