2 Month Update -HT 2 Dr. Dorin 1008 FUT

teach77

Hi all,

So, it's already been 2 months and I can't believe how quickly the time has passed. I've continued to be considerably less obsessive. Well, at least I'm not looking in the mirror for any miniscule changes 20 times a day. I definitely touch my hair a lot, but not with the same compulsion as before...

Not a whole lot to report, since this is kind of the dead zone time frame. My regular hair has grown back in from the number 4 buzz I got just prior to my procedure. The top/front actually seems thicker than I remember it being before that cut...but that was back at the end of July so who knows? Though I do feel like it has more volume, either because it's now 14 vs 12 months after my first procedure and the hair continued to thicken or if it's because some the transplanted hairs from the second surgery didn't fall out and just continued to grow. I have a feeling it's somewhere in between.

I feel like with this one it's going to be hard to see the changes until much later because I wasn't covering hairless areas. The second filled in between existing hairs and those from the first transplant. Now that I am more aware that it's been two months, I have a feeling I'm going to be looking a little more closely over the next few weeks. I've definitely had the tingling sensation going on that I remember happening around this time with the last procedure, so that makes me happy. I'm hoping that with my physiology tested already, and keeping everything as similar as last time, I get another great result...

The donor area is okay. It's healing up for the most part, and some areas are barely pink at all. Then there are a few areas that are still quite pink and look a little wider than others. Mainly in the region that I sleep on, which makes sense. I've found some small scabs in some areas that I don't remember finding last time, but I really didn't pay much attention to the scar last time. I looked at it a few times in the past 2 weeks because it felt a little weird and then I felt some small scabs. I think some of the dissolvable stitches were trying again to push their way through since time and again my body likes to reject them, no matter what kind of surgery it is. I know Dr. Dorin really spend a lot of time cutting them down so they wouldn't push through, but my scalp was really thin in a few places, so....I'm okay with it not being perfect. I doubt I'd even want to buzz my hair shorter than a 4 and I can't foresee this being any worse. In fact, it might be just a different healing time for different areas and so the pinkness is making it all deceptive.

I didn't take any pictures of anything because I stink at taking pictures, and I can't really get good lighting in my apartment. When I actually notice things happening over the next 2 months, I'll take some pictures.

Until next month...with hopefully some very good things to report,

teach 77

No pics? What a tease!

I guess there really isn't much to show at two months though, so I'll let it slide this time.

I'm coming up on two months post-op next week. It just occurred to me that we both had our second HT with Dr. Dorin within a week from each other! It will be interesting to follow each other's progress.

Thanks for keeping us updated though. Grow well.

Corvettester

Edited by corvettester

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Dorin

1,696 FUT with Dr. Dorin on October 18, 2010.

1,305 FUT with Dr. Dorin on August 10, 2011.

565 FUE with Dr. Dorin on September 14, 2012.

Yeah, it's kinda cool that we're so close in time frame with the same doc. It will certainly be interesting to see where we're both at :-)

And I'm totally lame for not doing pictures, but I don't even know what they'd show other than that my hair is longer and probably a little thicker still from HT 1. At the three month update I'll be showing some pics.

Looking forward to both of our superior growth!! And thanks for the yoga info. I definitely feel better about starting it now!

Grow well...

teach77