Im new here, please help me get my confidence back

I found this site searching around and i believe you guys/gals could help me. Im 28yrs old and 6yrs ago i noticed the the front of my hair (i think its called the forelock) was always oily. Then a year or so later my hair started to break in that area. Now my hair line has been receeding for about the last 4yrs. Im a 2a judging from the norwood chart. 2yrs ago i went to a hair resoration place and they recommended laser therapy. It seemed like he was rushing me into it so i never went back. Plus i was very uncommfortable with people looking at my hair, lol

I have always took pride in my hair and now that its leaving my confidence is down and i cant stand for anyone to look at my receeding hair line. Its so bad my 2yr old son has only seen my head ones.... And it was only once becuase he pulled my scarf off when my guard was down, you shoulda seen my face! Any advice on products or treatment would be appreciated, i havent tried anything as of yet besides keep my head covered with hats and scarves. i need my self esteem back.... My life back... Thanks in advanced

Have you any knowledge at all of what treatments are available? You're basically looking at Finasteride, AKA Propecia/Proscar/'Fin' and Minoxidil, AKA Rogaine. Finasteride will give you a good chance of stopping or slowing down your hairloss, while Rogaine could re-grow some of the hair you've lost. It isn't amazingly successful for the hairline, though.

Basically, none of the non-surgical treatments will restore your hair. Laser therapy is largely considered to be a waste of money.

Not all NW2a's are the same so I can't tell how you look, but it is a low level of hairloss and you're obviously allowing it to damage you more than it should. You're lucky enough to have a son and at his age he is not going to judge you harshly because of your hair. In fact, I doubt if adults will either. Just take off your scarf and be yourself, especially when you're with your family.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com