Graft area dried up

hi Guys,

I am in 10th day post op. My grafted area is completly healed. My Clinic advised me that once the grafted area dries up you will get something like dandruff on the scalp area.

As informed, when i touched my grafted area black dots started falling out. i took bath and few many more black dots fell off. i even gently removed them through my finger and not nails.

I know this is normal, and the follicles must have been settled properly by now. But wanted a second opinion from you guys if what i did was alright and nothing to worry. i see many grafts still intact even though the black dots fell off.

Please give me your opinion.

It sounds like these are your scabs coming off which is about right at 10 days. From what I understand your grafts should be all set at 10 days out. At this point, rubbing the scabs gently with your finger tips while showering is helpful.

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1

Guest JhonPaul

Well the reason behind this is that the hair grafts transplanted aren't healed fully that's why they are falling off. Ideally nothing like this should happen.

Thanks orlhair1.

Johnpaul, the grafts got healed for me with in two days of surgery. And i suppose when i had my first set of suture removal the doctor told me you can rub little more than usual while taking shower. The black dots which i am referring to are the blood remains after transplant. The whole graft is not falling off for me. if my whole graft was to come out then blood will come out.