HT on 26th by Dr Madhu.

Hi Guys,

I am 29 male, Indian.

Done with the HT on 26th July from Dr Madhu. Surgery took 4-5 hrs. Doc first shaved off the area and then did the grafting.

ps: the scar is not visible as its been stitched and covered with existing hair to provide maximum safety is guess. so cant be seen. Stitches will be taken off on 8th day and then will trim the other hair to make it look even.

Baldness Type: Androgenetic Alopecia Class VI

Hairfall from: 7 years.

A strip was taken where in doc found

Singles : 575 x 1

Doubles : 2220 x 2

M : 1080 x 3

-----------------------------------------------

Total : 3875 FU's i.e. 8255 hair.

Doctor said donor area healthy so found many grafts. Earlier before the surgery doc predicted 3200 grafts but it came out to be 3875, which he said is rare and I am lucky.. :D

I have put both Pre and Post surgery snaps, please have look &:

1) Please let me know your thoughts on the work and on hairline. Hairline isn't

low is that fine?.

2) With the health of hair I have can I expect early results.

3) How do avoid or minimize shock loss.

4) Does Minoxidil and Finapecia has side effects, how do i assure that.

Thanks,

Roger

Pre_upper.jpg.bbfd3ff8f3d9c23abf4b687acfe8ba51.jpg

Pre_Back.jpg.75a21ab8fdcc9fb9874dcbd8f0a16b9d.jpg

Pre_back_top.jpg.cf9dec7556299fdd6f218e6bb6424ff9.jpg

Pre_donor.jpg.e935d21bcba49deda22c21b7f5fc22e9.jpg

Pre_front.jpg.7478a51a656fcb02ddb1680d977080b8.jpg

Pre_side1.jpg.1d4581635adf433d74ce28073fd56d7f.jpg

Pre_side.jpg.ac74324c800a0cfbb56ec37601e4d22d.jpg

Pre_top.jpg.787daa3c1bc4b0ab812ba25685c8fee1.jpg

post_back_top.jpg.a759752a01fc654a89f0d88553fc8472.jpg

Post_donor.jpg.207614151cb551358de9564b0272767d.jpg

post_left.jpg.24fb0cb8d7a779ecdea31cd3198fa77e.jpg

Post_right.jpg.64d4bcf0e0118fec86880e577ad48e12.jpg

Post_top1.jpg.c7765a71abc57019a975a940c5cdf431.jpg

Post_top.jpg.71c034685f224bdc78394f447b80cde6.jpg

Post_donor_scar.jpg.fa645c1011515e639638ff4ac19773f6.jpg

Hi Guys,

I am 29 male, Indian.

Done with the HT on 26th July from Dr Madhu. Surgery took 4-5 hrs. Doc first shaved off the area and then did the grafting.

ps: the scar is not visible as its been stitched and covered with existing hair to provide maximum safety is guess. so cant be seen. Stitches will be taken off on 8th day and then will trim the other hair to make it look even.

Baldness Type: Androgenetic Alopecia Class VI

Hairfall from: 7 years.

A strip was taken where in doc found

Singles : 575 x 1

Doubles : 2220 x 2

M : 1080 x 3

-----------------------------------------------

Total : 3875 FU's i.e. 8255 hair.

Doctor said donor area healthy so found many grafts. Earlier before the surgery doc predicted 3200 grafts but it came out to be 3875, which he said is rare and I am lucky.. :D

I have put both Pre and Post surgery snaps, please have look &:

1) Please let me know your thoughts on the work and on hairline. Hairline isn't

low is that fine?.

2) With the health of hair I have can I expect early results.

3) How do avoid or minimize shock loss.

4) Does Minoxidil and Finapecia has side effects, how do i assure that.

Thanks,

Roger

Congratulations and All de best...!!!

I have my HT scheduled with him on 8th of August...

Lucky you, that you got so many grafts.

Work looks pretty clean to me...Hope it turns out to be great...

Would you like to share anything else about your transplant experience with Dr. Madhu??

Any suggestions for me for things to do before surgery???

Edited by simplycomplicated

SimplyComplicated,

Stay calm.. I think u have taken the perfect decision. U r in right hands..

About my exp what should I write, what all u read from others who have been thru him its the same.. wonderful exp. first day was for consulting second for surgery and 3rd for wash.

Humble, Systematic, advanced, skilled, caring, effective and Hygienic are few words to describe Dr and his team and his clinic.

Go ahead and best of luck.

Thanks,

RF

RogerFederer,

Welcome! Dr. Madhu does great work and yours looks like no exception. The graft placement looks very clean and refined. The design of your hairline looks very acceptable and should look great when grown out.

Everyone grows differently. It's really not possible to predict your growth timeline. Try to remain patient. You should begin to see hair growth between three and four months post-op.

You may find the following article from our Hair Loss Q&A Blog informative: How Can I Minimize the Risk of Shock Loss?

Much has been written and discussed on the forum regarding the side effects of Rogaine (minoxidil) and Propecia (finasteride). Using the forum's search feature will yield pages of valuable information.

Best of luck!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

@TakingThePlunge,

Thanks for the quick reply, this site is really active. I am happy that I am a part of it.

Surely I'll use the links given by you for my further knowledge.

@All,

I will now post my snaps after removing my stitches and after trimming the side hair and later when the grafts start falling.

Please do let me know if I can be of any help in imparting any information related to the HT of mine.. please feel free to ask, I want to help others.

Thanks

RF

Your transplant looks very good, now comes the waiting game, just be patient and I am sure your results will turnout just as nice keep us updated.

I am employed as the patient coordinator and office manager for Chicago Hair Transplant Clinic. Feel free to ask me any questions.

Dr. Panine is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be interperted as medical advice

5th Day update (31st July 2011)

Post operation I was wearing a band which I removed 2 days later, I had a swelling on my forehead, the clinic staff told me that this swelling is due to the fluid they put in during surgery and is temporal.

This morning when I woke up the swelling which I had on my forehead is less but has come down to my eye.. and my right eye has become small, cant open it fully (even this thing was told and again its temporal)

The grafts are fine, none have fallen yet, little bit dark and dry they all are now. I wear a surgical cap most of the time in day and surely when I sleep to avoid any infection if at all. I prefer staying in AC all the time so to avoid and itching and sweating.

I have quick q's:

1) Has anyone had the same swelling and how long it was.

2) When did u experience the graft falling out I mean from which week onwards.

3) When can i actually start with my regular Gym, weight lifting, after the stitches are removed?

4) Does oiling the head help, as I am given a bottle of coconut oil to apply?

Will keep flowing in the updates.

Thanks,

Roger F

SimplyComplicated,

Stay calm.. I think u have taken the perfect decision. U r in right hands..

About my exp what should I write, what all u read from others who have been thru him its the same.. wonderful exp. first day was for consulting second for surgery and 3rd for wash.

Humble, Systematic, advanced, skilled, caring, effective and Hygienic are few words to describe Dr and his team and his clinic.

Go ahead and best of luck.

Thanks,

RF

Hey Roger,

Thanks for the wishes and `m glad that you had a wonderful experience.

Wishing for my H.T. to be as good as the good work done by Dr. Madhu on others.

Regards.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi buddy

Wow, you had your surgery on 26th Jul? I had mine on 25th Jul with Dr Madhu :-) Your work looks very good. I wish you all the very best. We'll be recovering together :-)

I would encourage you to create a hairloss blog , which would make you easier to document your progress. As an example, you can take a look at my blog at:

Hair Restoration Site for HairyBear

Regards,

HairyBear

Hi buddy

Wow, you had your surgery on 26th Jul? I had mine on 25th Jul with Dr Madhu :-) Your work looks very good. I wish you all the very best. We'll be recovering together :-)

I would encourage you to create a hairloss blog , which would make you easier to document your progress. As an example, you can take a look at my blog at:

Hair Restoration Site for HairyBear

Regards,

HairyBear

Hey Buddies,

HairyBear - H.T. on 25th July with Dr. Madhu.

RogerFederer - H.T. on 26th July with Dr. Madhu.

There are other three guys on this forum who had H.T. with Dr. Madhu in July...

Please do update your progress regularly....As, whatever happens with you both, will happen with me 2 weeks later, as I have done H.T. with the same good Doctor, two weeks after you guys..

Also, Please suggest me if I have to do anything for first two weeks. I have a swelling on my forehead, guess it might go on its own.

Take a look at my story and do comment if you wish to say anything about it...

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/162158-3400-grafts-dr-madhu-08-08-2011-need-your-feedback.html

Regards...

Hi,

During the first 2 weeks you'll see a lot of scabs in your recipient area, and dried crusts ( bigger scabs) around your donor wound. Until 10 days, I was washing my hair using only the palm of my hands, without applying any pressure, in a one-way downwards motion ( even though the Dr. said its ok to start using your fingers gently after 5 days)

I waited for 11 days and used coconut oil and massaged gently on the recipient area with the finger pads of my two fore-fingers in a circular motion and the scabs easily slid off. If you find a few stubborn scabs, thats OK - do not at any points try to force them of or scratch with your nails . Nails are a big no-no.

I would also advise you to be gentle in cleaning the donor wound - as it wouldn't be completely healed this soon.

Just follow all the post-op instructions given in your case-file and you should be OK.

Hi,

During the first 2 weeks you'll see a lot of scabs in your recipient area, and dried crusts ( bigger scabs) around your donor wound. Until 10 days, I was washing my hair using only the palm of my hands, without applying any pressure, in a one-way downwards motion ( even though the Dr. said its ok to start using your fingers gently after 5 days)

I waited for 11 days and used coconut oil and massaged gently on the recipient area with the finger pads of my two fore-fingers in a circular motion and the scabs easily slid off. If you find a few stubborn scabs, thats OK - do not at any points try to force them of or scratch with your nails . Nails are a big no-no.

I would also advise you to be gentle in cleaning the donor wound - as it wouldn't be completely healed this soon.

Just follow all the post-op instructions given in your case-file and you should be OK.

Thanks buddy.

I started washing my hair myself only yesterday....have followed the instructions i.e. applying coconut oil and then washing gently...

Just a few more quick questions...

1) When did you go to remove the sutures i.e. how many days after surgery (excluding the day of surgery)??

2) I have a swelling on my forehead since last 3 days...I m on my 5th day now...waiting for swelling to go on its own...have you experienced this???

3) Even though Dr. hasnt advised anything on this...Just wanted to ask you guys...Do we have to apply anything on the Donor area to let it heal quickly??? Many ppl on this forum apply some kinda lotion or cream...so was just curious...

Regards...