Question about proscar and pregnancy.??

I have read the disclaimer on the Merck website and keep my meds out of reach of my wife and kid, but am just wondering if any of you guys know if my taking it can result in issues with an unborn child?

My wife is expecting and I have been on proscar for about a year.

Thanks,

I have read the disclaimer on the Merck website and keep my meds out of reach of my wife and kid, but am just wondering if any of you guys know if my taking it can result in issues with an unborn child?

My wife is expecting and I have been on proscar for about a year.

Thanks,

i dont think that is can be a problem with you taking it BUT keep it out of reach of your wife. Proscar can also penetrate through the skin so make sure she wont touch the proscar in any way. Also when you cut the proscar in quarters, make sure you get rid of ALL the leftovers. I can also be advised to take propecia while your wife is expecting because no leftovers will be hanging around. Just make sure your doesnt come in contact with your meds.

Greetz.

Pictures of my hairloss can be found here:

http://www.geocities.com/belgiumdude2004/

I agree with everything Belgiumdude has advised. I was on Proscar when my wife got pregnant and I was very nervous about any amounts I may have passed onto my wife & the baby.

Her Dr said the amounts passed in semen is so small there is virtually no risk of birth defects due to the Proscar.

However, because you have to cut Proscar be extra careful not to let your wife be exposed to the cut pills or crumbs left from cutting.

Propecia would be a good call for the period before conception on through birth.