Why the huge difference in number of grafts suggested

This surgeon recommended to me that I would need about 100 to 200 grafts to fill in my scars. Then I was quoted by another surgeon who recommended 30-40 grafts. Why the huge difference. The surgeon who quoted me 100-200 grafts I have noticed he has a large graft count dealing with rather small surgeries. For an example his eyebrow hair grafts were all 200-800 and the average being 400-500 grafts who needs that many when dealing with eyebrows im just trying to see who is better so I can get the best result.

Regarding the eyebrows, have you seen enough cases from both doctors to really make a good comparison in the amount of grafts they'd use for the same type of needs? You could be comparing apples to oranges in terms of the graft requirement in each case. (If this sounds like an aggressive challenge then that's not how I mean it).

Basically some doctors will opt for the bare minimum of grafts while others feel it is best to use the number that will restore the recipient area as close as possible to original density. The higher figure you were quoted wouldn't necessarily be something the doctor is unwilling to budge on, if you feel that you would be fine with lower density in the area. A graft quote given during a consultation will normally reflect the doctor's view of how your needs can be fulfilled to the highest standard, but he/she will be happy to listen to your input, take into account your budget, etc.

Edited by mattj

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com