Is this temporal hair loss?

cc89

Ever since that haircut I had two months ago, I noticed that the temporal area on my left side seemed to have a parting that was difficult to cover up. I hate having partings that area, so I always had to spend a few minutes trying to cover it up by combing it forward. I went for another haircut a few days ago, and what used to be a parting before is now starting to look like recession/thinning and is impossible to cover up. The right side on the other hand seems fine for now.

Taken today: http://i53.tinypic.com/23lmnt4.jpg

Taken six months ago: http://i53.tinypic.com/255if13.jpg

Again, I'm only concerned about the left side. If you compare both sides when they're combed over, you'll see exactly what I'm annoyed about. If this actually is recession, why is only one side affected? I'm 22-years-old at this time.

Edited by cc89

Yes, there's a chance that it could be hairline maturation, but why is it only affecting the left side? The right side seems perfectly fine to me.

The difference I've been referring to is more noticeable in the photos I took today.

"Yes, there's a chance that it could be hairline maturation, but why is it only affecting the left side?"

Not sure of your situation based on the photos, but hairline maturation and also hair loss can definitely proceed asymmetrically.

If it's too early to tell what this is, then what are the chances that this might just be maturation? I don't know the difference between a juvenile and mature hairline.

I can't really see any difference between the two sets of photos. In both there is little evidence of hairloss, so I can only go by your word that you've noticed some sort of change.

The asymmetry is not unusual. Hairlines usually recede in an asymmetrical pattern, and in the very early stages of hairloss this can mean that only one side shows any evidence of loss.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com