curly or stright hair

Nelson The Bald Guy II -- really regal sounding name, like a powerful czar from years past...or one of the U.S' many new czars. icon_smile.gif

Curly hair is actually quite good for a HT; it should help boost your illusion of density. Curly/wiry/wavy/thick are all good characteristics for your hair to have in aiding in the perceived density of your transplant.

I would prolly steer clear of any doctor whose supposed claim to fame is their supreme mastery over the curly or non-curly haired HT!

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

thanks for the reply. so you went with dr. feller? how do you feel about the work done? he is one of the doctors i have been looking into to do my HT. would you share your pic with me? i still am a bit nerves about doing it. thanks fore the info. by the way r u useing all the stuff you listed propecia rogaine etc?

thanks Nelson the bald guy

that is from the bald royalty lol

Great question! I asked the same question when I was looking around. And thanatopsis_awry is right. All doctors do all hair types. However, some doctors seem to have an eye for certain hair types and one of the reasons I chose Dr. Arocha is because of the very impressive work he showed me on diffuse thinning curly headed people like myself. Look at my profile for example. I combed my hair back wet for most of the photos but look at the 7 month mark. Also look at his website and check out how many curly-headed and ethnic hair types he's done.

So to answer your question, it's like a hair cut. Not harder to do a HT on a person with curly hair, but perhaps some doctors may have more of an "artistic" flair for certain hair types and the way they tend to grow out and cover.

Arocha did a great job and not only is my hair curly, but it's very long too. So he had to do his work with a lot of hair in the way and it didn't faze him a bit.