Donor Laxity Theory?

Before my restoration with Arocha last week, we talked about post op recovery. One of the topics was limitations on excercise in regards to weight lifting where the skin on the back of the head and neck are under tension.

Excercises to stay away from that he mentioned (for up to a year after the procedure): squats, situps, shrugs

Have lifted weights for years, IMO you can automatically add the following to the list as well: deadlifts and military press

Guess what? These have been some the staples of my weekly workout routine over the past few years. Although I want to cry at this point, one thing caught my attention during the procedure. When he closed up my donor he mentioned there was basically little to no tension on the incision. Obviously my donor hasn't healed, but hopefully this helps my scar width (knock on wood).

Coincidence, or could it be possible that adding these lifts prior to a procedure (after your initial scar has healed if subsequent HT) could help donor laxity - or at least augment the scalp excercises I've read about?

Personally, I'd rather spend 30 mins working my body out versus doing excercises with my hands to specifically give my donor skin more flexibility leading up to a procedure but wanted to get other takes on it as well

Dr Arocha

3626 FU's

H1: 508

H2: 1741

H3: 1377

My Hairloss Website:

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2127