Laser revision for hair transplant scar

Dear readers and fellow posters,

Is laser revision/resurfacing a viable option to reduce the appearance of hair transplant scars? Has anyone ever had this done with successful results?

I have been considering this procedure in addition to having fillers put into the depressed areas of the scar and maybe injections to help reduce the thicker raised areas. I had a previous strip procedure and the scar is not very good.

Finally would laser revision damage or remove hairs transplanted into the scar through the FUE technique? I still have this dream of one day shaving my head just for the heck of it and having a normal looking scalp with minimal visible scarring.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for reading.

Dear readers and fellow posters,

Is laser revision/resurfacing a viable option to reduce the appearance of hair transplant scars? Has anyone ever had this done with successful results?

I have been considering this procedure in addition to having fillers put into the depressed areas of the scar and maybe injections to help reduce the thicker raised areas. I had a previous strip procedure and the scar is not very good.

Finally would laser revision damage or remove hairs transplanted into the scar through the FUE technique? I still have this dream of one day shaving my head just for the heck of it and having a normal looking scalp with minimal visible scarring.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for reading.

Centurian, Do you know what LASER stands for?

Last Attempt to Stimulate Every Referral!

Now don't get me wrong, lasers have their place in medicine and acne scars and wrinkles are well treated by CO2 laser resurfacing. I stopped doing that a few years ago but did perhaps 70 faces with that technique.

But a donor scar would be much more suited to either scar revision, or transplantation into the scar--I usually favor the first option.

Its quicker, works better, and won't catch your surrounding hair on fire like a laser might.

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA

William H. Lindsey, MD, FACS

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians