Questions about Rogaine

JackW91

Hi Everyone

I'm new here, I'm 20 yrs old. I'm considering going on Rogaine foam, as its gentler on the scalp, to combat hair loss. My hair is still in good condition, I would consider myself a norwood 1 but I've had some hairline recession this past year.

Doing research on hairloss everyone says best thing is to catch it early so I would like to go on Rogaine foam, but I've got Seborrheic Dermatitis and I'm worried the foam might irritate the scalp and complicate the SD. I'm looking to only apply the foam to my temple regions where there's no SD and just along the edges of my hairline. I'm interested in finding out how it works. If I apply it to my temple region would it spread across the scalp once absorbed or does it only affect the area thats being applied to?

my second question is regarding the shedding process, does Rogaine cause the strong thick hairs which are not affected by MPB to shed or does it only affect the the thinner hairs?

Finally given that my hair's is still in a good state one my greatest fears is that the Rogaine foam makes thing worse, i.e it causes more hair loss, is that a possibility?

Answers or adivice to any of these questions would be greately appreciated

Edited by JackW91

The only question I can answer is I know the earlier you start, the better off your gonna be!! It may get worse for a few weeks, if you shed, but given the state you say your hair is in I highly doubt if it will make it worse! Thats my 2 cents

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

• 1 month later...

Having felt uncomfortable with the side effects of propecia, I switched to rogaine six weeks ago and have noticed an early improvement on my bald spot on my crown. Even my father commented that there is something a bit different. Still early days. Franz (26)