Has anyone used MAXOGAIN

bloodshoteyes

I have just seen the above product on ebay, It comes with a topical treatment and a dietary treatment. I am curious about this product because it says it can reverse frontal hairloss?But I have used the search facility and not one mention of the product? So I am now quite confused, is this just snake oil or has anyone had results while using this.

Well, looking at the ingredients tells us the following:

Maxogains 3in1 Advanced Topical Treatment

Ingredients:Medicinal Ingredients: 5% Minoxidil + 3% Thymiskon (DHT Inhibitor) + 5% NTR-FLA (Nutrient), Non Medicinal Ingredients: Purified Water, Isopropyl Alcohol

5% minoxidil is the same active ingredient in Rogaine and I have no idea what "Thymiskon" is other than a purported "DHT inhibitor". And, if it claims that it can reverse frontal hair loss then that alone is your red flag.

The only two medical hair loss treatments clinically proven and FDA approved to treat male pattern hair loss are Rogaine and Propecia and neither of these drugs claim to reverse frontal hair loss.

In my opinion, save yourself a ton of money and your remaining hair by using generic 5% minoxidil and generic Proscar (5mg finasteride) quartered. It truly is the only effective, non-surgical method for treating hair loss and it's dirt cheap.

All the best,

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Thanks for the reply TakingThePlunge.

Yes when I did a search and no one has ever mentioned it in any post or on any forum I did get highly suspicious. Maybe, it was just wishful thinking, that it could reverse frontal hair loss. But I guess that is why forums like this are so important.

• 1 year later...
I have just seen the above product on ebay, It comes with a topical treatment and a dietary treatment. I am curious about this product because it says it can reverse frontal hairloss?...

I just started using Maxogain, I was going to buy from Canada but luckily found it locally in europe - wont post a link as I guess that against the rules - try googling ablevitamins. I think it would be slow from Canada and there is probably taxes.

I don't really see why one wouldn't try it; its cheaper than other Minoxidol products and has the same 5% of Minoxidol. The other ingredients have some benefits.

Thymiskon is natural and there is plenty of material to read on it - all seems positive but f anyone has any science based material please update the post.

Its propylene glycol free therefore wont irritate or dry the scalp - I believe a dry scalp is an unhealthy state and will contribute to hair-loss.

Cant find anything on NTR-FLA - anyone have any ideas or sources?