Recomendation for a Dr. for my H.T., including Temporal Point Transplant/Reconstruction?

HopefulGuy

I'm looking for a good dr. w/ reasonable costs whose work includes transplants in the temporal point region. I live in MI, and local is preferred, but if necessary, I would travel. Tessler is close by but not one of his patients photos looks to have included any temporal work. Same w/ many other dr.'s web sites, who have been recomended on this forum/site (some of their patient photos show great results on the top (which is mostly where I need the work), but many of those photos look unnatural, simply because the sides of the hair (temporal points) were left fully receded. The result is an otherwise natural looking hairline on the top that looks out of place because the sides are still receded. It seems most h.t. dr.'s will not, or rarely will, do this type of work, so I could use help finding a dr. who does (and is also reputable). Any suggestions? Thank you.

I'm not sure. I think that you might 'get what you pay for.' Since temples apparently are harder to do-probably even harder then the hairline because of the unusual angles, you want to go to a surgeon who has alot of experience. Another surgeon might have a go at it but since it's such a critical area and so highly visible.. you want to do it right! Also do check out Dr. Lam. He has alot of videos and also discusses his ideas about temple point restoration as well. That it's critical to restore the temples to avoid the 'lid' effect.

HopefulGuy,

It sounds like you are looking for hair restoration on top (ie. hairline zone?) but you want to ensure that you get some temple work done as well, right?

I think some of the top doctors on this site have shown some great examples recently of temple work and hairline restoration, including: SMG (Dr. Ron or Paul Shapiro), Dr. Rahal, Dr. Alexander, H&W (Dr. Hasson & Wong) to name a few.

Send over some photos for an online consultation and I'm sure they can also email you some examples of their temple work as well.

As another poster said, don't let distance or money steer you down the wrong path. You want to go to a top doctor so that you are not in need of a repair later, which will end up costing considerably more (in time and money).

Good luck.

M&M

1662 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Spring 2006

1105 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Fall 2009

M&M Weblog

M&M, yes, correct, I'm looking for most of the work to be done on the top, but wanted to make sure I get the side points done as well, for balance. I'm new to this site, and I appreciate the suggestions. I'll check each of those dr.'s out and probably do some online consults. Thanks.