hair meds may lead to gynecomastia

Jim Jones

i am not a doctor, but i have been taking propecia for close to 11 years now. i have been taking rogaine for 5 years, and rogaine form about 2 years religiously. from personal experience, i know many things. i have a mild case of gynecomastia, enough to bother me. i'm not even sure if this was caused by propecia [similarily : proscar, avodart, etc.]

i don't have a smoking gun, but my suspicion is you are more susceptible to having a larger "saggy" male chest no matter how hard you work out in the gym. after the HT, the surgeon encourages that you keep taking the drug (propecia) for life to prevent further loss. the top surgeons for gynecomastia advices you to stop propecia completely. in that respect, it's a CATCH 22 -- either you are bald or you have man boobs. the greedy westerner i am, i don't want neither. anyone else in this predicament? any advice

It's a 50/50 like you say..Its up to me decide which one is more important..

I'm gonna look up that word gynecomastia.. You said saggy man boobs? That doesn't sound too terrible..I think if you work ou hard enough you can shape any! fat into muscle!! Just need to feel the burn, I Guess!!

Question: It's based on religion!!

Question is: Is trying to change the you look, like way god intended you too! A sin! Like vanity! Or Veinful!

IDK just trying to start a theory (In a religious sense) some people are not meant for things, I guess. IDK. Throwin it out there! icon_confused.gif

If your lifestyle wasn't healthy, then gynecomastia (the sagging chest) is a permanent deal for a majority that loose lots amount of weight in a short period (I didn't know this until recently). Unfortanutely, only surgery will remove the tissue.

Check out gynecomastic.org

This may be different for those who are slender or have a good metabolism where fat or tissue only accumulates on the chest area. Some have it in their belly or even their ass. I don't think a vegan can lose unwanted fat/tissue. There's an entire forum that contradict the philosophy of daily propecia use.

Your religion makes perfect sense and I've asked something to myself (but not verbatim), but this society is cruel to allow scrutiny for women to not wear make-up. I guess is sheer vanity in a pragmatic sense. Everybody is different, but personally I want to look better only for myself. Who knows, this may be the only life human live.

No you r right when you say women wearing make up.. I think if anyone suffers from vanity it would be women..

I also like to work out for my own self esteem, and propecia makes me feel better. I do not think it is vanity, but just wanna see what others think.

You say tissue? builds up in those areas!? ? Thats different. Is this normal for Propecia users!? Maybe it has something has to do with hereditary genes. In any sense good luck, and god willing we will overcome our problems icon_biggrin.gif

Hope .. Here's a new subject..

Bi polar girls icon_eek.gif

They can drive you to suicide literally.. My aint is a lawyer and she interacts with a lot of people. In one case she dated a bi polar girl before, they broke it off cause of the madness, and after that relation ship. She started to date a doctor. This bi polar girl drove this doctor lady so insane that She committed suicide.

Now I say, Bi polar girls.. They can get away with almost anything!!!!!!!!! It is nuts to think of everything they can get away with!!

any experience with that!!

I guess I'm in the wrong place for this type of post!! icon_razz.gif LMAO any ways have a good day

"True" bipolar people are hard to deal. [i said this because everyone to some degree varies with mood. Bipolars do act spontaneous and really don't think clear. Either get them on proper meds and comfort then if you care for them or just hightail.

Is this normal for Propecia users!?

Unfortunately, it is. Merek claim 2% reversible, but others claim as high as 20% NOT reversible. I think it's somewhere in between -- even Wikipedia admits breast tenderness as a symptom. I hope that there is a strategy to get surgery and have it not reoccur. That is my goal, and then I believe I'll be at peace. I'm no Michael Jackson in terms of fixing things like my face. It would be nice to wear t-shirts without thought or some flab, especially when I've exercised really hard. The people that get gynecomastia are people that used to take steroids, or even just work out. But when you stop, you get muscle atrophy and thus a slugging effect happens. Gernelly chubby people have it, but it blends in with their bodies and it doesn't look disproportional. For years I thought I can run several miles a day and eliminate fat in unwanted areas. Anyway, back to original thread as we got side tracked. Anyone have the connection between hormone drugs like propecia and gynecomastia on their minds. Thanks for sharing Yomommyz.