Bad Experience with Captain Hair

mhr

I joined this forum after searching for Captain Hair problems. As we all know, losing ones hair is traumatic and so is finding the right hair piece supplier, without added complications. I have worn hair pieces of different types for over 40 years and an still looking for the perfect hair piece! About 4 years ago I came across My Hair Direct - run by a chap called Stuart. As reported in other topics, he seemed very good and I had a number of pieces from MHD - always supplied on time and good colour and styling. However, about two years ago things started to go wrong with slow deliveries and poor contact. In early 2010 a piece ordered failed to arrive and because the replacement was critical and I felt someting was wrong, I luckily found a backup supplier from whom I also ordered in the US. The US piece arrived and the consultant was very good, even calling me a couple of times to make sure we were getting it right.

When the US piece arrived it was slightly the wrong colour, but with a little hair dye it turned out fine and the lace front was very good. In the meantime I pursued the ever more elusive Stuart who was by now failing to answer both telephone calls and Emails, although I had paid in full full for the system. A convoluted message was put on his answer service saying they were having problems with their communication services - it all sounded very suspicious!

Eventually, I sent an Email telling him unless I heard from him within 24 hours I would get in touch with his local Trading Standards office. He came back to me immediately with all sorts of excuses + saying he was re branding his business and all the problems would be solved and he was very sorry for my trouble - he could not understand how my Emails had not reached him! My new piece then arrived within two weeks and I must say was very good quality. I started wearing it in September last year and by February this year it was in need of replacement. I then found MHD had changed its name to Captain Hair, but I actually managed to get through to Stuart who said they now had a new manufacturer in China and all was OK. He gave me a quotation of GBP321 and suggested I pay the money into his company bank account at once in order to start to process the order. However, he said he needed a new hair sample as the previous supplier had kept all the samples and would not make them available to another manufacturer. I sent off the sample, but as I was still cautious, I did not send A few days later when I tried to call him, there was an answer service message saying they were no longer available for telephone contact, (in order to keep their prices low) but only through online chat - ........this didn't work either! After this there was some contact with another person who said he had 'joined the team' and Stuart would get back to me immediately when he returned from the US in a few days - he never did!! Luckily I did not send any money.

To all who are having problems with Captain Hair (and it seems there are quite a few) I would suggest the same approach I took and if necessary, actually contacting the Trading Standards at Swindon - there is something very wrong here.

My supplier/manufacturer I have now found is excellent - very attentive, quick service and an excellent selection of different types/styles, with good quality. I am quite happy to pass on details to anyone who requires them.

MHR

Edited by mhr
noticed some grammatical/spelling mistakes

Hi mhr

Your story sounds very familiar...I've been their customer for 2 years and i've been very happy with their products but their service is very poor. I'm glad you found a reliable supplier and you're happy with your purchase. If you could let me know who is your new supplier that would be very helpfull.

All the best,

Antek

• 1 month later...

I've just got my system with captain hair and it is superb quality, I took it to a nearby hair stylist (just at a regular salon) and she shaped it to my hair. It looks the best i've had - happy :)

• 4 weeks later...