Do I need to use an antibacterial shampoo?

Did your doctor recommend an antiseptic/antibacterial shampoo for use prior to your surgery? A few websites recommend using one for 1-3 days prior to a HT. My procedure is scheduled in about 4 weeks. Does anybody have a recommendation for a particular brand, etc? Do you think it's really needed at all?

I didn't use any until after the procedure. You should check with your clinic before using anything. Some clinics have preop instructions on the website. Good luck with the upcoming procedure.

5700 FUE in 3 procedures with Dr. Bisanga

View my patient website:

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1874

I recommend that the patient wash their hair the morning of the procedure. We also use a very strong antibacterial scrub on the scalp for all patients prior to the surgery. The incidence of infection following hair restoration surgery is extremely low.

You might slao want to check to see if your doctor uses antibiotics. I give a dose of antibiotic the morning of the procedure and give the patient enough to last for an additional 2 days post-op. However, some hair restoration physicians feel that antibiotcs are not necessary.