<300 grafts for hairline, FUE or FUT??

I went to a consultation , and <300 grafts is recommaned by Dr.

For such small amount of grafts , FUE sounds like the reasonable method to go . My question is , will the FUE hair grows as thick and as decent as FUT hair for the hairline? I mean will it leave several spots at the hairline since the failing rate is high, and the hair isnt strong (healthly) as FUT? It will leave me 8 cm scar if I go for a FUT according to the DR I had consultation with. Is it worth to leave 8 cm scar for a better result (Am I correct ?) thanks

P.S The Dr is one of the recommaned Dr from the site, but he doesnt offer FUE service. I need to flight to other cities if I go for FUE which might cost more than the HT itself...

depressedman,

For such a small session, you can certainly consider follicular unit extraction (FUE). If there isn't a prescreened quality hair restoration physician practicing FUE in your area, you can always schedule a free online consultation.

Your best bet is to be evaluated by an experienced FUE practitioner to determine if you are a candidate. I'm sure that in the hands of a skilled and qualified FUE surgeon your results will be just fine.

Good luck!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

out of curiosity, why do you only need 300 grafts? you can'ty have much hairloss if that's all you need. Have you had any previous HTs?

Reason I ask, is that I think I may need a similar 200 grafts procedure, to fill in temple areas following 2 (very successful) HTs

cheers

S

out of curiosity, why do you only need 300 grafts? you can'ty have much hairloss if that's all you need. Have you had any previous HTs?

Reason I ask, is that I think I may need a similar 200 grafts procedure, to fill in temple areas following 2 (very successful) HTs

cheers

S

I have never had any HT before. It seems I'm a lucky one that I have only lost that much since 2007. I'm 33 years old now, so a small procedure will be nice to remove the nightmare.

Even its a small procedure , I'm thinking ,FUT vs FUE , which will give me the best nature result :)