Hair restoration info

I am a 23 year old male with thin hair and what seems like a Norwood type 2 balding pattern. But the problem is when I looked at past photographs I've had this pattern for at least 7 years. (Maybe even 15 years).

My question is: is there a hair restoration technique that can be used to achieve a desirable result?

Olburgs,

If I follow you correctly, are you implying that your hairline and low density are the natural characteristics of your hair and that you are not experiencing genetic hair loss?

A 23 year old NW 2 is not typically a candidate for hair restoration surgery. Do you have a family history of hair loss?

If you are suffering from androgenic alopecia and expect your hair loss to progress then your best course of action is to medically stabilize your loss by taking Propecia (finasteride) and ideally also using Rogaine (minoxidil).

Best of luck!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Yes, I am not experiencing any natural hair loss, but I have a hairline that is shaped like a NW 2, my brother and mother share the same shape but their hair is thicker so they use this to cover up. (When looking at photographs, I always had high temples, even as a toddler)

As for the history: My father's side of the family doesn't seems to be affected by hair loss at all.

My grandfather on my mothers side is completely bald. But my grandmother (mothers side) isn't suffering from baldness as her brother still has his hair.

So technically speaking, i suppose there is nothing to 'restore', but can hair transplant techniques be used to lower/shapen my hair line? And would it be advisable?

Edited by Olburgs

Olburgs,

Yes, hair transplants can lower and reshape your hairline. The only variable that needs to be considered is the future progression of your hair loss.

Lowering your hairline at such an early age may result in a situation where further balding has you chasing your hair loss with multiple procedures. Bad planning can have a patient running out of available donor grafts with poor coverage.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website