finasteride dosage and generci forms

Guest donald

Guest donald

Just wondering if taking 1mg of propecia every other day will be just as good as taking it everyday,i mean will it have any benefit. I have found by taking it every other day it reduces my sides.

Also has anyone had experience with Finpecia a generic form of Finasteride it works out a lot less expensive than Propecia.

Thanks in advance.

donald,

I use generic finasteride 5mg which I quarter. I've been taking it for a over two years now and about 7 months ago I switched from every day to MWF and saw no increase in shedding.

Finpecia is a quality product. Just be sure you are purchasing it from a reputable source.

Best of luck!

Edited by TakingThePlunge

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Guest donald

Thanks for your reply i will stick to taking propecia every other day and hope that will keep my sides at bay,its better than not taking any dht blocker at all.and as for generic forms there is a reliable source here in the uk which spex recomends.

After 4 years of usage and recent realization of side effects, I also decided to reduce my dosage and have seen a noticeable, immediate improvement. However, is it safe for me to assume that going from 1.25mg to .83 mg daily will not reduce the effectiveness?

I just started with 1.25mg but after reading and fearing side effects am going to reduce to 0.675 per day. Fin is cumulative so it should work either in smaller doses each day or every other day.

amff

Guest donald

Hi Spex,do u know if you can order less than a 12 months supply of Finpecia from Dr singh

on the uk Finasteride website? Iam only taking finasteride every ther day so would really only like to order maybe 6 months supplyat a time but the website only seems to let you order 12 months.

Thanks in advance.

Don.

• 3 weeks later...

So the concensus is that a lower dose of propecia/fin can still be as good as the full dosage ? I want to get on it but want to start slow...is this what others have done? i figured i would either take 0.5 mg every day or 1 mg every other day to avoid sides...then perhaps working up to 1 mg every day as directed...any advice?!

Guest donald

Hi zo was taking propecia 1 mg every other day for about a month started getting sides even with that dosage so going to try saw palmetto and see if that can keep my DHT down without the sides.Everyone is different so you should start off with a lower dosage and if ok up the dose,you can always lower back down if need be.

good luck.

Guest donald

Thanks spex,going to try saw palmetto formula from minoxidil direct as getting sides from fin.