2mg of propecia - already dull testicle pain

franz85

Only taken 2mg (two days) of propecia and woke up today with a dull pain in my right testicle. This has persisted for a few hours now.

Anyone else had this?

I saw something from Spex yesterday about taking 1mg in week 1, 2mg in week 2, 3 in week 3 etc. I am thinking on these lines already. Should I be worried?

franz85,

While it's always best to seek the advice of your prescribing physician in matters such as these, I can tell you that I experienced that same thing when I started finasteride as did many other guys here.

My solution was to back off on my dose to every other day until the pain subsided and then slowly build back up. The pain eventually subsided. That said, I have been taking 1.25mg on a MWF schedule for about 7 months now and I prefer it.

I think what Spex has outlined is a good idea. Finding the balance between positive results and little to no side effects is something every patient seems to have to work out for himself.

Best of luck!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Hey Franz85 -

I just started proscar (fin) 2 days ago after about a 2 year debate for fear of side effects.

I started with 1.25mg (cut into 4) last 2 days.

I cut them now into 0.675mg and will take this reduced amount everyday.

My doctor said that having a smaller dose per day is a good way for your body to get used to it.

Just my thoughts but good luck.

Also - take advice on this site with a grain of salt - leverage experiences of those in the same boat as you but try not to read into things too much.

There are some guys on here who will try to scare the hell out of you just look at everything with an open mind.

Reach out anytime you have questions my friend.

amff

Probably my poor explanation. I took 1mg one day and 1mg the next, and the dull pain occurred on the afternoon of the second day.

I am trying exactly what Spec recommended.

Thanks all

• 2 weeks later...

I was thinking about taking propecia 0.5 mg every day to see how I react to it. Has anyone done this? I think that is probably the best way to take it...to approach it very slowly, then if no sides...up it to the full 1 mg...and then if u see some sides then you pretty much know where you should be (i.e. around 0.5 mg). i think this is a better approach than just taking the 1 mg then downgrading to 0.5mg if u see sides. any opinions??? Thanks!