7 months in still have baby hairs please help

Hi

I am 7 months and 1 week into my hair transplant i am still noticing allot of baby hairs and it seems allot of these hairs been like this for months is this normal for the 7 month mark ? if so how long should i expect for the baby hairs to become full and thick ?

P.S i have noticed some spots of my hair transplant are growing in in blotchy paterns i am at 7 months is this normal

Please help thanks

Hello,

It's slightly unusual but it's not unheard off. You might be a slow starter, that's all. Wait for the 10-12 months result. I know it's easy for me to say, but be patient. Can you post pre op and post op photos? Also, would you confirm who did the op & how many grafts you had put in?

Are you on propecia? It's important to take it I think.

Don't worry too much yet.

Stay strong my brother :)

Hi dr alba reyes from Dominican Republic i mean i am happy with the progress its way better then before its just i am worried if the baby hairs will grow in and become thick full hairs after month as for the pics i made a mistake of not taking month to month

results82,

Those fine hairs should continue to mature and thicken over time. You've still got at least 5 more months of growth to come and the texture of transplanted hairs can continue to improve even up to 18 months.

I recommend photographing your hair on a monthly basis. This will help you to really see the subtle changes happening over time.

Good luck,

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

results82,

Those fine hairs should continue to mature and thicken over time. You've still got at least 5 more months of growth to come and the texture of transplanted hairs can continue to improve even up to 18 months.

I recommend photographing your hair on a monthly basis. This will help you to really see the subtle changes happening over time.

Good luck,

Thanks do you know what percent of growth is the norm for 7 months in and percent of 10 months in ? i would appreciate i f you can give me an estimate

also is there any shampoo or anything i can use to help the transplant progress faster ?

I know a lot of people barely see any growth until closer to the 18 month mark and some people have great results 8 months in. I think it all depends on the person and I don't know that there's any way to estimate how much growth you should experience at a given time.

results82,

In the following thread, What exactly is the HT growth timeline? our Managing Publisher, Bill offers the following estimates. Please keep in mind these are only estimates and everyone grows differently.

3 months - 10%

4 months - 25%

5 months - 40%

6 months - 60%

7 months - 70%

8 months - 75%

9 months - 80%

10 months - 90%

11 months - 95%

12 months - 98%

18 months - 100%

All the best!

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

After how many days post HT does hair usually Shed? I think I need to prepare myself...

HT #1 Unknown Butcher (1998)

Total about 1500

-------------------------------------------------------------

HT #2 Dr. Alexander (2011)

687 - Singles

1672 - Doubles

10 - Multis

Total 2369

Rogaine Foam

Nizoral

Proscar

Mine came in very uneven and I was very worried about some areas at 6 -7 months that were thin baby hairs. Still kinda worried...but I have seen progress. I feel the tiny brush cut sized shafts under the longer ones. t will come in

how many months are you on ?

tarepanda,

Shock loss is independent of this timeline. Not all patients will experience it. I didn't. Others will have shock loss in both the donor and recipient area.

The timeline is simply an estimate for growth of the transplanted grafts.