Alopecia and Waxy Dandruff

Hi

I am suffering from alopecia.Finasteride and minoxidil didn't work for me rather they increased the shredding.I have waxy dandruff in my hair.My question is could this be one of the reason of shredding?

I was a user of Ayur herbal shampoo for 4 years,i tried garnier anti-dandruff shampoo but it wasn't of much help as hair were shredding at the same pace,to be honest i tried it 3-4 times only.

Now i am planning to try this shampoo

Ketomac Shampoo

What do you guys think?

Thanx

becool,

I don't believe that this shampoo alone will stop your shedding but you've got nothing to lose by trying. You've already dismissed finasteride and minoxidil and there is simply nothing else our there that is clinically proven to treat androgenic alopecia.

Good luck!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

becool,

I don't believe that this shampoo alone will stop your shedding but you've got nothing to lose by trying. You've already dismissed finasteride and minoxidil and there is simply nothing else our there that is clinically proven to treat androgenic alopecia.

Good luck!

Hi Mr.David

Thanx for the reply

Actually i am confused between this shampoo and nizoral for waxy dandruff.Which one do you think is better?

Is there any thread on this website regarding waxy dandruff,because i am not able to find any

becool,

Ketomac Shampoo contains 2% ketoconazole. In the US, Nizoral 2% is only available by prescription while the 1% solution is available over the counter. Since the active ingredient is the same, I would assume that both 2% Ketomac and 2% Nizoral are equally effective for treating waxy dandruff.

Good luck!

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

• 4 weeks later...
becool,

Ketomac Shampoo contains 2% ketoconazole. In the US, Nizoral 2% is only available by prescription while the 1% solution is available over the counter. Since the active ingredient is the same, I would assume that both 2% Ketomac and 2% Nizoral are equally effective for treating waxy dandruff.

Good luck!

Hi Mr.David

Sorry i was outta town so was not able to reply back.Ok so i will choose Nizoral 2%

What do you think about this shampoo?

Follicleanse Shampoo blocks DHt with Zinc PCA and deep cleans

At the store the other day,people were praising about this shampoo A LOT

Regards

becool,

In reviewing the ingredients, Follicleanse appears to be a high quality shampoo. However, I am not convinced that the active ingredient, Zinc PCA's claimed DHT blocking properties will have a noticeable affect on your hair loss.

I know that you have stated that Propecia (finasteride) and Rogaine (minoxidil) did not work for you and you are looking for an alternative but you have to remember that beyond those two clinically proven and approved hair toss treatments, using any other products is experimental. However, we have already done a lot of the footwork in sorting out and identifying credible alternatives. I suggest having a look at our Online Hair Loss Treatment Shop.

Again, we stress that these alternatives should only be used in cases where finasteride and minoxidil are simply not an option.

Good luck!

Thanks for replying Mr. David and thanks for that shop's link

Now i am confused between these 2 shampoos

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/product/11/Revita-Shampoo/

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/product/3/Nizoral-Regular-Strength/

1 thing that i noticed is written below the description of Revita is that Hair shedding is a common symptom the first few months and a sign that Revita may be working for you. It's crucial to push past this stage with continued use for the recommended period of time. Now i remember that same thing was said in case of finasteride that you will shred a lot in the first few months and the shredded hair will come back but in my case they never did and the shredding speed has increased a lot since then.Is this condition applied to Nizoral also?

Another thing,i posted in some other thread and other members told me that i should have gone for Merck's propecia,but my doctor suggested me finax by Dr.Reddy's.Is there any difference between the two?

Thanks

becool,

Personally, I use Nizoral and generic finasteride. Some people feel that the only good finasteride is name brand Propecia (1mg) or Proscar (5mg). However, I've always used generic and it's worked great for me.

Nizoral can cause shedding just as Revita can. They both contain 1% of the active ingredient ketoconazole.

Nizoral is primarily a dandruff shampoo while Revita was formulated with several other ingredients rumored to improve hair quality and density.