ACell, PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma)

Hi everyone,

In the list of surgeons I'm considering, two doctors are offering Acell & PRP.

They are claiming PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) injections will stimulate plasma and thrombin and it will improve healing during transplantation.

They are claiming Acell will stimulate (and "they've seen") regrowth in donor extraction sites. ACell, Inc. offers the next generation of regenerative medicine technology

They have yet to show any photos or research to demonstrate improved healing or that these claims have proof.

For one doctor it is an additional $1,000 to the cost of the procedure. Dr. Cooley (I have yet to receive my response from them) includes it in his price.

I'm wondering if anyone on here has had ACTUAL experience with either of these products and can say with confidence that the claims being made have any merit.

Edited by TakingThePlunge

• 2 weeks later...

acell's Matristem product is for real and help in healing time, scare reduction and more. Go to the acell site for the citations. Have you heard of the man who cut his fingertip off and apllied Matristem and it grew back fingernail and all? Amazing! My Doc here has review the research and is very excited about it's potential. Btw, I am going to Dr Cooley because he is using the acell product.