Minoxidil question

michael23

i am just going to copy this information/instructions on how to use minoxidil (the one i use is from the country Bosnia , the brand name is Pilfud and it comes as lotion/spray

if you can tell me is this true?

check the underlined text

Dosage and application:

Pilfud lotion 5% is intended only for external use in men. In the morning and in the evening apply on dry, bald area about 1 ml of lotion using spraying pump and rub it in gently from the middle toward ends. At every application the tip of pump is to be pressed 8 times in order to release 1 ml of lotion. Daily dose should not exceed 2 ml. After improvement of clinical condition, the dose is to be reduced to maintenance dose being 1 ml of lotion 1 to 2 times a week. Hair drier should not be used to inhibit rapid evaporation of lotion. Failing satisfactory effect after 4 months, advice of dermatologist should be asked for. After lotion application, hands should be well washed.

Edited by michael23

michael23,

I've never heard that advice before. It's generally held that minoxidil must be applied twice daily for life.

All the best,

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

hmmmm i echo the above post once you take minoxidil its for life as everyone knows all results will diminish within 12 months of stopping..... im only using minox once a day alongside alpecin caffeine shampoo im not going bald im just maintaining as my dad went thin around 35..im 27 now.... only a M shape hairline which i cover up very easily due to me having lot of hair

be careful when ordering unknown brands, better the devil you know

didn't you read what i've posted

and this is not advice from someone from the street i copied it from the company that produces minoxidil (Bosnia - Pilfud)

in the instructions it is clearly said that it needs to be used twice a day

"In the morning and in the evening apply on dry, bald area about 1 ml of lotion"

and i know that the minoxidil hold the hair to life (new grown hair) and after stoping it you will loose all new grown hair

but my question was , is this true (does it makes sense?)

"After improvement of clinical condition, the dose is to be reduced to maintenance dose being 1 ml of lotion 1 to 2 times a week"

michael23,

Well, I certainly read what you posted and I thought I gave a pretty clear response.

You should apply minoxidil twice daily for life or you will probably lose any benefits you have received from the drug.

I have no idea why your label says differently since it goes against every other expert recommendation I've ever seen.

However, ultimately you can try whatever you like.

Best of luck,

Edited by TakingThePlunge

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

let's be honest here but twice a day for life is a pain in the ... and i am sure that it is not the same like when you first stimulate and grow the folicules vs maintaining them

i am just saying what my logic says to me

i wanted to get more expert answer like ... (just giving you the idea)

"that can't be true michael23 becouse the minoxidil is active for () time and if not used over that time folicules are dying or sth ...."

and if the test were made on humans twice a day that doesn't mean for example once a day it can't give results (i am not saying that i am going to reduce the dose ... not now but after 1-2 year i am willing to at least once a day)

EDIT: i get the answer i wanted

"That seems a little long between treatments being that the half life of minoxidil is less than 24 hours when applied topically. I think eventually you would lose what you gained."

Edited by michael23