how long

after a ht im told its ok to wear a hat the problemis i will be returning to work about 6 days after surgerey and im a construction worker i will be wearing a hat for about 10 to 12 hours. the hat is fitted but will be loose around my hairline where the procedure was done any info would be great

after a ht im told its ok to wear a hat the problemis i will be returning to work about 6 days after surgerey and im a construction worker i will be wearing a hat for about 10 to 12 hours. the hat is fitted but will be loose around my hairline where the procedure was done any info would be great

I understand your situation. I too worked in construction. And the harness on those helmets are meant to be fitted (with adjustable slots) so that your helmet doesn't fall off your head. Riggers working at heights have the chin straps. If your helmet falls off, it could be a safety violation.

But to answer your question, perhaps you can put a bandana on (around your head, and under your helmet) to mitigate any tension of the harness straps on your excision line.

Additionally, you may need to be concerned about the dust and exposure to direct sunlight in your line of work, and how this could possibly affect your healing tissues.

take care...

thanks for the reply but i think didnt explain correctly i will be wearing a baseball cap for 10 to 12 hours under the helmet. actually i can get away from carrying the hard hat under my arm i gguess what i should of said was it ok to wear the baseball cap thats loosely fitted where the transplant is (hair line) thanks again and sorry i didnt explan it right the first time

Well, if you can get away with carrying the helmet under your arm, you can just use the loose fitting baseball cap, being careful as to how you put it on and take it off.

take care...