Fine hair / Illusion of density

I have read on a number of occasions that people with fine hair will require more grafts to create a good result when compared with someone with thick hair (makes sense).

The above being the case, does that mean the 50% guide does not apply to people with fine hair or is this guide not dependant on hair thickness?

Assuming 2 people, both with 80 fu/cm2 in the donor, recieve 40 fu/cm2 and let's assume they get the same amount hairs out of the grafts - 1 has fine blonde hair the other has thick hair. Will both of them still have a good illusion of denisty? Baring in mind it is widely believed 50% will give you a good result.

I have read on a number of occasions that people with fine hair will require more grafts to create a good result when compared with someone with thick hair (makes sense).

The above being the case, does that mean the 50% guide does not apply to people with fine hair or is this guide not dependant on hair thickness?

Assuming 2 people, both with 80 fu/cm2 in the donor, recieve 40 fu/cm2 and let's assume they get the same amount hairs out of the grafts - 1 has fine blonde hair the other has thick hair. Will both of them still have a good illusion of denisty? Baring in mind it is widely believed 50% will give you a good result.

Good question. It's all too late for me however for a newbie with fine dark hair and light skin, i think they should give some thought to not only density, but hair length post-transplant and how this will effect the overall long term plan. HTs are a real risk on account of the thin hair IMO. The likehood seems to be that transplanted hair will be thicker and more stubly through the native hair - even if it is not minaturizing - and it often is. This accentuates the contrast for fine haired people with color contrast and the only solution seems to be to grow it longer. But if the crown is going bald, then it's a risk of getting the dreaded old man hair comb back look