FIN Advice!

Nmu744

Hey gang,

New to the site and lots of great info.

I am 25, and my hairloss is getting progressively worse. However, I still have good coverage. I want to halt it now where it stands.

However, I am scared to death of the horror stories of FIN. My sex life is extremely important to me.

I am just looking to get some feedback. Do ALL men suffer at least some side affects? Do some suffer none at all? I just want to hear from some of you guys who are on/did have regimens and what are/were your side affects?

Currently, I use Toppik to cover some thinning, Nizoral, going to try ProRestora. I have an apt. Friday to get a script for FIN. Any feedback?

P.S. - Do lower doses lower the chances of side affects? Thanks!

Get a script, try it..if you are really wanting to keep your hair. Most men DO NOT suffer side affects( according to finasteride side affects ). Even if you do suffer side affects, most go away with continued treatment.

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

Nmu744,

There are some guys taking Propecia (finasteride) with no apparent side effects. I've discussed my own experience with finasteride and mild side effects in several other discussion threads.

The best thing for you to do is simply take the drug for two weeks and see what happens. If you experience side effects, discontinue use.

Best of luck!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website