Any success with half a porpecia dose?

Fante

The full 1.25 mg gave me instant side effects. I'm considering getting a new prescription but this time halving or quartering the dose. I.E. .50 or .25mg a day.

Does anyone else do this? Thoughts?

Thanks

Fante,

I took the full 1.25mg for probably about 18 months, while I would consider my side effects mild, I decided to play around with my dosage to see if I could minimize them without losing the benefits.

I first began to cut the pill in 8ths but I found that these tiny pieces were just too splintered and inconsistent. So, I went back to cutting into 4ths but only taking it every other day. I've been doing this for about three months now I think and I haven't noticed an increase in shedding yet but have seen less watery semen.

I plan to keep doing this and monitoring my hair. If I see hair loss returning then I'll quickly go back to daily usage.

All the best,

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

On Dr. Rassman's Balding Blog, he stated that .5 mg. is about 80 percent effective. Also, top docs like Dr. Cooley put their patients on a M-W-F schedule with the full 1 mg. dose and claim equal results to the 1 mg. every day.

Spex, if the max concentration of Finasteride occurs between 1 and 2 mg., then why do they prescribe 5 mg. for BPH? I've always wondered that. Is it to keep the concentration up for a 24 hour period?

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D