Small sessions (hairline modification, or touch ups?)

I'm interested in a possibly a small session for a hairline modification.

I'm an asian male at 47 and have pretty wide forehead with "M" shape hairline running pretty

deep toward the top of my head. I'm interested in transplanting about half inch near 2 cusp area maintaining moderate "M" shape. Basically a transplant of cosmetic nature trying to look a bit younger. I would love any inputs from anybody on this small session of cosmetic nature.

I would imagine many patients would modify hairline a bit with a small session of 'touch up" after a large session of major transplants. I would love to hear about these small sessions compared to large sessions, in terms of cost, recovery and so on.

And wonder if there are many doctors who would do this small session of modification without a large session prior to that. And so on.

Thanks.

everyones hairloss is different...i.e.

1. some only lose hair at the temples

2. others lose hair only in the crown

3. few lose it all over

while keeping this in mind...if your native hair in the midscalp and crown area are strong then there is not need for a transplant in these areas, thus a doc will perform a small temple surgery. depending on grafts and how you wear your hair you can go with fue or fut. they both have there pro's and con's.

on the other hand...if you notice some thinning all over then a doc is less likely to perform your small reconstructive hairline surgery. instead preventative drugs should be used before pursuing a HT (i.e. fin, nizoral, rogaine). you should use these drugs for at least a year. i hope this info helped. let me know if you have any other questions.

i didnt notice your age upon the initial read...as a 47 yr old male many would say you are beyond the years of major hairloss. its still good to get the doctors opinion. he/she may still want you to get on hairloss drugs before performing a HT. once stabilization has occurred they are more comfortable performing temple surgery.