How many grafts/sessions for me? Pics attached.

I'm not a doctor or a professional but my instinct, as some people have already suggested, would be that you have more than 4000 grafts left, all things being normal. Your balding pattern doesn't seem to be extremely severe and at first glance there looks to be nothing to suggest you'd have a below-average number of grafts.

Was the doctor's estimate of 4000 simply done by looking at your head? Most doctors do get a hunch for the number of grafts available but from the sounds of it the "4000" was pretty much an educated guess rather than being based on tests or detailed examination?

Also, perhaps the doctor just meant that he felt 4000 grafts would give you good coverage and leave some in reserve if you needed them later? Most doctors would want to use as few grafts as possible and leave at least a small reserve for any unforeseen consequences or additional balding that is as yet unseen (not suggesting that will happen, but it's always a possibility). Maybe the doctor just meant he felt 4000 would achieve a good look without depleting all your donor hair?

Either way the recommendation of some on this board to try and do it in one procedure also seems a good one. The fewer procedures the better; it's quicker, somewhat safer and probably financially better for you as well in the long term. I don't think 4000 grafts in one session would be considered particularly major in this day and age so it seems perfectly doable, at least from what I know.

Shock loss could be an issue but you did make the good point that your transplanted hair upfront will probably be more resilient this time. Because you have diffuse MPB (as I do) it's probably almost worth assuming (worst case) that all the native hair in your 'balding' areas will one day be gone and make your plans from that perspective. That may mean holding back a little on the density to get coverage and seeing how that goes. Your donor area looks pretty healthy though and the balding area doesn't seem massively extensive at first glance; I've seen a lot of guys with similar patterns get great coverage and impressive density (just look at some of the moderators on this board if you want proof of that!).

It may be worth getting a second or even third opinion if you can afford. It's good practice not to suggest that you shouldn't "trust" the first opinion, just that HT is as much art as science and it's good to get opinions and suggestions corroborated or countered.

Ultimately I would say you look like you could have good results from one or more HTs, but that's only my opinion based on a few photos. Nevertheless I'd continue discussing things with your doctor and on this board as it seems you could have everything going for you once a few confusions are cleared up.