Canadians plz help..

DHTvictim

hello everyone,

I am 22 years old and have been suffering from MPB since I was 17. Ever since I was 19 years old I have been using finasteride and minoxidil. They have slowed down the progression greatly. Now I am moving to Canada next month so I have a few questions,

Can I bring a 6 month supply of fin and min with me (i dont have prescription)?

Also I am moving to toronto. I wont have any insurance ( i think) in the beginning. So once I will run out of my meds how should I get my prescription. Please tell me the easiest and most convenient way. I will be living in the brampton area. Sorry for my ignorance but since I have never been to toronto, I don't know how things work there.

Great community by the way. Keep up the good work guys.

I don't see why you couldn't bring finasteride and minoxidil with you (though I wonder how you got the former without a prescription).

Can you go to your current doctor and have him write you a prescription? You can find a pharmacy that exists in both the U.S. and Canada and you can just transfer the prescription when you get there. If you are using finasteride for hair loss, I don't think insurance would cover it. It shouldn't matter though because generic finasteride is very inexpensive.

Even if a prescription is not required in your home country, my guess is that you will be at risk trying to bring it into Canada if a prescription is required there. Just a guess though. If you are coming from the US by car, I doubt anyone will check but if youre flying in from eslewhere you should probably check with Canadian customs to see what the requirements are for brining meds in.

5700 FUE in 3 procedures with Dr. Bisanga

View my patient website:

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1874

I had a prescription but I lost it. I am flying from Pakistan actually. I can't get it from my current doctor (since I reside in another city now).

So what if I don't bring any meds with me and have to get it from Canada once I land there. How should I go about it? I mean what will be the easiest and most convenient way (also the cheapest) for me to get a prescription? Will I have to go see a dermatologist or a general physician will do?

Thank you.