Can Proscar Increase Hairloss

BN

I am 27 years old and have been taking Proscar for around 7 months. I initially only had a receeding hairline and begin taking it to hopefully stop or slow this down. Around about a month ago (about 6 months after starting proscar) I noticed I am now thinning at my crown and now it is possible to see my scalp thru it in areas which was not there before. I have read that taking proscar can increase the numbers of hairs lost for a small amount of time after taking it then it improves but surelly this is shortly after taking it not after 6 months.

Basiclly I have noticed no improvement after 7 months and wondered if it is not going to work for me or will it take more time as the amount of hairs i am losing is not getting less and may of got worse.

Any help please

BN,

Finasteride can cause a temporary hair shedding the first couple of months, but hair loss isn't reported as a permanent side effect.

As KeepingWhatIHave said, it's recommended to use it for a year before determining whether or not it's working for you.

Hang in there.

Best wishes,

Bill

• 1 month later...