Recommendations Needed

sneakyd007

Hi All,

Semi-recent lurker, first-time poster here. I'm am looking for doctor recommendations in the NY, NJ PA area. I have checked out the coalition list, but additional details and experiences cannot hurt.

I am scheduled to see Dr. True and Dr. Pistone in a few weeks. I would like to schedule more consultations around then. I am going to try to see Drs. Feller and Epstein (Jeff) as well.

A little about me... 25 yrs old, NW4A-5A, started losing hair at 17. Looking for a Dr. that can help me make an easy transition from a hair system to natural hair.

i am located in PA and willing to travel, but think there's plenty of good doctors in my region.

thanks in advance for the help

From the documentation on this forum, it seems that Dr Feller is the most reputed one in the NYC area, but there might be other good ones too.

Basically, go through the before/after photos of patients of each clinic and see which type of work/style you like the most.

I did research for a while, and I went to the doctor who I felt did the best hairline, in terms of the style that I wanted.

You can try out a similar approach.

I agree w/ what Forrest's said.

You're a young guy, you have pretty advanced MPB; you can't mess around. You need a flawless prognosis and surgical plan along with exceptional yield.

Out of the Dr's you've mentioned I would only seriously consider Dr. Feller and True.

When you do your consults be real candid if not blunt -- don't leave out any questions, and get to the heart of what each clinic can and *is* offering you. Compare and contrast, etc.

I'd cruise the clinic posted and patient posted results sections in this forum; cruise, and run searches on the doctors you are considering. I'd also post some decent pics for the forum and get some extra feedback and assurance.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

thanks everyone for the advice so far.

i really like what i have seen and read about drs. true and feller. i am only going to pistone cause he's local. i've read the bad reviews on this site, but i want to get as many opinions as possible. this time i am going to see the doctor himself for a consult rather than his salesman.

spex, do you happen to know offhand how dr. feller's consultation schedule typically works? i wanted call today to schedule something for early dec, but my i've been so busy at work, plus this isnt the easiest apt to schedule discretely while at working on a trading floor.

please keep the recommendations coming

Originally posted by spex:

See as many reputable clinics as you can in your area and there are a few good clinics mentioned here on this topic to help. True and Epstein and definiately worth consulting with along with Dr Feller who will be only too happy to give you his opinion. Get a feel for the clinics and the docs and get a good alround overview of the process and the different skills each clinic offer.

I have made consultation appointments with Pistone, True, Epstein, and Feller. I am really looking forward to the visits with True and Feller.

I think I might do an online consult with Hasson/Wong as well.

Anyone else in the area I should consider?